Windows 8.1 driver for Acer H274HL Monitor

JAD24
JAD24 Member Posts: 3 New User

Does anyone know if drivers are available for an Acer H274HL Monitor connected to a Lenovo laptop running Windows 8.1?

The monitor works perfectly with my old Dell laptop running Windows 7.

Thanks

JAD24

Best Answer

• JAD24
    Answer ✓

Jordan,

I just wanted to thank you for your help.

I finally got it up and running today and you’ll never believe it but the culprit was indeed the HDMI to Micro HDMI cable. I had bought one from Amazon (Blue Rigger), then bought a second one from Amazon (Blue Rigger). Something told me the connection to the monitor was not right so I bought a 3rd one from Best Buy (Insignia) today. Long story short it’s up and running. Sooooooo frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

JAD24,

Is the monitor not working?

Can you try unplugging the monitor from the electrical outlet for 1 minute?  And restart your computer.

Edit:  It should be plug n play.  You shouldn't need any special driver or inf file.  Windows will just use it's default driver (inf) and it should work fine.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JAD24

Jordan,

The monitor is working fine on the older laptop (Windows 7) with a VGA connection.

I disconnected the VGA cables, plugged in the new ones (HDMI - HDMI Micro) and connected them to the new laptop but cannot get a connection. I tried removing the monitor from the electrical outlet as you suggested and again nothing. (I too was expecting it to be a plug-n-play where the new laptop would identify new hardware and connect automatically.)

I even went out an bought another HDMI to HDMI Micro cable in case the problem was with the cable but again nothing.

On the Acer website, when you enter the H274HL monitor, it only displays drivers for Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista, which is why I was wondering if Windows 8.1 was supported.

• JordanB

Try using whatever they have for Windows 7 on Acer downloads.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

This says it works with windows 8.1....

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewRedirect.aspx?updateid=d4ac190e-5e62-4f2f-a5cc-071f29cb661c

If you still have trouble, maybe someone else will know of a solution or workaround.

• JAD24
    Answer ✓

Jordan,

I just wanted to thank you for your help.

I finally got it up and running today and you’ll never believe it but the culprit was indeed the HDMI to Micro HDMI cable. I had bought one from Amazon (Blue Rigger), then bought a second one from Amazon (Blue Rigger). Something told me the connection to the monitor was not right so I bought a 3rd one from Best Buy (Insignia) today. Long story short it’s up and running. Sooooooo frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks again for the ideas.

• JordanB

Glad you got it working.  I've been lucky over the years to never have had a vga,hdmi,dvi, or dp cable issue, but I'm learning that it's not that rare as I've seen several posts on the Internet about cable issues especially with Display port.