T232HL Touchscreen Not Working -Someting Different

EdCal
EdCal Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Several months ago the Touchscreen part of the monitor quit working (Windows 7 SP1), although the monitor itself is working well. I have been through all of the Acer and Microsoft testing and suggested solutions with no luck. At first after the touchscreen quit, Windows could not find USB drivers for the touchscreen part of this monitor. Then after several months it found a "CoolTouch (TM) System" driver for the Composite HID device and Windows now reports the touchscreen is "Touch Input Available with 10 Touch Points". Changing Pen and Touch settings have no effect. It looks like the USB drivers supplied to Microsoft were changed and now are not available to my system, as it is loading the wrong drivers when the USB cable is connected. Does ANYBODY out there have a clue about what is happening?

Best Answer

• EdCal
    Answer ✓
    It appears I have received a Christmas present - the Acer touchscreen has mysteriously started working again. I do note that the current touchscreen features are quite different from the originals, suggesting either Microsoft or Acer have rationalized the driver set, corrected the problem and that the drivers are now only supporting standard Microsoft features. I hope this touchscreen continues to work properly, and that whoever is behind the scene screwing with this software will be a bit more diligent in future.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Try downloading the monitor drivers from the below link and check if the touchscreen works after that.
    http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

• EdCal

Thanks, but as I said, I have tried all of the suggestions from Microsoft and Acer, including downloading and installing (twice) the monitor driver, reseting the monitor, restoring windows, checking the cable and USB ports, checking the monitor DVI connection and adapter drivers, etc etc. The Acer driver package does not include any touchscreen USB information - that is a totally separate issue as the USB driver comes from Microsoft when the touchscreen USB cable from the monitor is connected to the computer (uses Windows Update). I also cannot get Acer to confirm the USB driver the touchscreen is trying to use is not the correct one, and the only help I am now getting is the advice to wait until someone in either organization finally realizes there is a problem and sorts this out at the Microsoft end. I also have used a driver checker with no luck, and checked the Microsoft Comp[atability Catalog but it only references the main monitor driver. Seems to me somewhere out there ought to be a USB driver package for this touchscreen connection, but I can't find one. By the way, this is a Windows 7 SP1 32bit installation with touchscreen using a USB 2.0 connection - very standard.

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
  • EdCal

Thanks again, but the information I have provided above is the result of discussing this with Acer support several times, the last time to a Level 2 representative. They are absolutely no help.

• EdCal
    Answer ✓
    It appears I have received a Christmas present - the Acer touchscreen has mysteriously started working again. I do note that the current touchscreen features are quite different from the originals, suggesting either Microsoft or Acer have rationalized the driver set, corrected the problem and that the drivers are now only supporting standard Microsoft features. I hope this touchscreen continues to work properly, and that whoever is behind the scene screwing with this software will be a bit more diligent in future.