H277HU USB ports dead after 5 weeks

hhsandi
hhsandi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

The USB ports worked quite well for the first month or so, but recently stopped working and I am of course just outside of the Amazon return/exchange window. No amount of cable switching or power cycling has done anything; the USB hub does not appear in system info nor do any drives show up as attached but unmounted. I am on a 2016 MacBook using the USB-C connection.

Answers

• strefry
    strefry Member Posts: 3 New User

I don't have the exact same monitor, but I encountered the same problem, exactly at the 5 week point!!!! I have the R240HY that I have been using over USB-C on my new HP laptop. While the HDMI connection still works, the whole reason for buying this monitor was to use it over the USB-C connection. Just like you, I am out of the Amazon return window. I don't really know if I am up for paying for the shipping costs to send this back to Acer and have them tell me it is my fault somehow and then I am out some relatively high shipping costs.

Can I ask what you ended up doing?

• hhsandi
    hhsandi Member Posts: 2 New User

Funny story, I shipped it off for a (hopeful) warranty repair with Acer but something happened with the shipping labels and it ended up back at Amazon's warehouse. Amazon was kind enough to send me a new one anyway, which if I recall correctly had the same problem at 5-ish weeks but then randomly started working again a week or two later. I haven't checked to see if it still works now, I've been on leave. Seems like it might be a real problem with these monitors, though Smiley Sad