H236HL Disable / Match Splashscreen

dezimorp
dezimorp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I purchased another H236HL monitor, and the splash screens do not match. How can I upgrade / downgrade / disable splash screens on this monitor?

One monitor shows an ENERGY STAR + ACER logo for the splash screen. Whereas the other shows just an ACER logo. This may seem a little strange, but when I buy the third monitor I would like all 3 monitors to have the same splash screen. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best Answer

• dezimorp
    Answer ✓

After rigourous studying and digging. I was able to finally find the "Disable Splashscreen" option in the firmware screen.

1) Power monitor off

2) Hold the EMPOWERMENT button (far left) and the POWER button (far right)

3) Once the Desktop shows again, release the POWER button, and click the EMPOWERMENT button.

4) Once the OSD appear click the MENU button. 

a. You should see that the OSD has slightly moved and there is not a SMALL (F) in the top left of the menu. 

b. Scroll through the option until you have highlighted the (F). Once highlight push the MENU button.

5) You should see a new OSD appear on the screen. Scroll up using the arrow buttons on the monitor to the FORCE LABEL OFF. 

6) Once you are on the FORCE LABEL OFF option. You want to turn this ON. This will DISABLE the splash screen when booting the monitor. 

Hope this helps anyone facing the same OCD Issues as me. 

Answers

• dezimorp

I just figured out what the issue is. I currently have 2 different firmwares.

How can I upgrade / downgrade one of them?

Date: 20150214 Version: 0.03

Date: 20160829 Version: 0.05

Thanks! 

• dezimorp
    Answer ✓

After rigourous studying and digging. I was able to finally find the "Disable Splashscreen" option in the firmware screen.

1) Power monitor off

2) Hold the EMPOWERMENT button (far left) and the POWER button (far right)

3) Once the Desktop shows again, release the POWER button, and click the EMPOWERMENT button.

4) Once the OSD appear click the MENU button. 

a. You should see that the OSD has slightly moved and there is not a SMALL (F) in the top left of the menu. 

b. Scroll through the option until you have highlighted the (F). Once highlight push the MENU button.

5) You should see a new OSD appear on the screen. Scroll up using the arrow buttons on the monitor to the FORCE LABEL OFF. 

6) Once you are on the FORCE LABEL OFF option. You want to turn this ON. This will DISABLE the splash screen when booting the monitor. 

Hope this helps anyone facing the same OCD Issues as me.