GN276HL Overdrive keeps resetting

2»

Answers

• Arekkusu
    Arekkusu Member Posts: 4 New User

I just got my monitor back today from the repair center in Texas and it appears to be functioning correctly.  I will be able to test it more tonight to make sure.

When I mailed the monitor in for the firmware update I included a copy of this forum thread in the box.  I also highlighted the post by Acer-Jose indicating that there was a firmware update that needed to be done.

So basically, as long as you indicate clearly that you want the firmware updated on the monitor, everything works out (though the repair took almost 3 weeks).  The monitor should not have been originally sold with the overdrive bug, otherwise it is a great display (especially now that mine is working correctly).

• xJeremx
    xJeremx Member Posts: 6 New User

Ok guys I finally decided to send my monitor for repair; and after only one week I got it back and it appears to be functioning correctly too. I did as Arekkudu (highlighted the post by Acer-Jose indicating that there was a firmware update that needed to be done and included of this forum thread).

So even if the monitor shouldn t have been originally sold with the overdrive bug, thank you Acer for the fix.

• Qing
    Qing Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just contacted customer service, and  I'm sending my unit. I'll update when I get it back. Too bad for just a firmware update. I can definitely see a USB port on the back of the monitor. 
  • slipcollide
    slipcollide Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi all. Did all the people that sent this monitor in for repair get it back in working condition? Mine has been sent in 3 times for this issue. The first time the 'mainboard' was replaced. Still faulty. The second time they said no fault could be found. So i raised a complaint and sent it in for a third time only to be told again that there is no fault. I have updated the firmware and this has made no difference. I have the exact same issue and i am beyond frustrated. It is on it's way back to me now looking a lot less 'as-new' than it did when i sent it off. If any one can help in any way it would be greatly appreciate-i really don't know what else to do...
  • GN276HLTRASHPRODUCT
    GN276HLTRASHPRODUCT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer claims to have no knowledge of this problem. Speaking directly with a level 2 agent (Bill  #24236) and he loudly says, "I just googled your issue and it doesnt bring up a single thing!!" Funny when I personally google the issue it brings me to a ACER.COM community page with the EXACT issue and people not having the problem solved. Basically, Acer is knowingly selling a faulty product, playing dumb and offering to RMA while knowing they can't fix your product. Anyone that sends their unit in for repair is getting the exact same unit back with literally nothing done to it. Just a huge scam they are running and attempting to get away with. This is pathetic at best. If you bought this unit, return it for a refund. Their customer service was atrocious.
  • NTibor
    NTibor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dear All,

I have the same problem with an other type (OD keeps resetting): XB240Hbmjdpr
    I know it is a long and old thread, but i can't find newer with the topic.
    Actually I switch to extreme/off overdrive everytime i turn on my monitor/PC ... for 2 years now.
    I wonder if it is worth the effort and risk to send the monitor in, or they (ACER) will send it back without any fix (and probably a thousand of fingerprints/scratches). I am very careful with the monitor, it doesn't have any fingerprints at all.
    Based on the previous comments, despite Jose's comment, in most of the cases they haven't fixed the issue or updated firmware at all.

Any suggestion or encouragement?

Thx!
  • GN276HLTRASHPRODUCT
    GN276HLTRASHPRODUCT Member Posts: 2 New User
    NTibor said:
    Dear All,

I have the same problem with an other type (OD keeps resetting): XB240Hbmjdpr
    I know it is a long and old thread, but i can't find newer with the topic.
    Actually I switch to extreme/off overdrive everytime i turn on my monitor/PC ... for 2 years now.
    I wonder if it is worth the effort and risk to send the monitor in, or they (ACER) will send it back without any fix (and probably a thousand of fingerprints/scratches). I am very careful with the monitor, it doesn't have any fingerprints at all.
    Based on the previous comments, despite Jose's comment, in most of the cases they haven't fixed the issue or updated firmware at all.

Any suggestion or encouragement?

Thx!

Not worth your time. I've spoken too 3 different level 2 acer customer service agents. They are 100% running a scam, they know the product is faulty and pretend to have never heard of this issue. IT'S A SCAM, WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
  • Bulat
    Bulat Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with GN276HL