B286HK displayport flicker

babno
babno Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Just barely got this monitor. When I initially plugged it in with the included displayport cord screen is black for ~3 seconds, then flickers on showing my desktop for ~.25 seconds, then goes dark another 3, rinse and repeat. I restarted, and it worked ok. First thing I did was resize my icons cause they're tiny, and our flicker friend is back. 3 restarts later it never goes away. I have since put in my own hdmi and it works fine, but I'd like displayport so I can get 60hz. My previous monitor was an acer as well so drivers should be good? Did acer sell me a bad cable? Any suggestions appreciated, thank you kindly!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If it works good on HDMI,it's probably not your video driver.It sounds like a bad connection.Are you sure the display port cable was completely seated in the port and monitor? I would try another Display port cable.If it's still not good, it could be hardware related.

• kdeuser
    kdeuser Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I am having the exact same problem.  Windows 10,  R9-290, 3840x2160@60hz  Problem is most noticable in windows desktop and apps, gaming it just gets lost in the clutter...   I have tried fiddling with settings and nothing seems to have an effect.  Any suggestions? 

• kdeuser

Tinkerer

Some additional observations from my end...  The flicker seems to be large horizontal "bars" on the screen that come and go randomly.  I have now swapped out the Display Port cable for an HDMI cable and set the resolution to 1920x1080 @ 60hz to see how it does.  About 10 minutes and no flicker...  Beginning to think my video card will not support this monitor at 3840x2160 @ 60hz, which is what it was set at before I started using the HDMI cable.

• kdeuser

Tinkerer

I just could not stand it using HDMI - the display quality is so much better using the Display Port.  I will turn down the resolution when I am gaming and see if that helps.  I have a feeling my video card is heating up under the stress of this thing.

• chrispitude
    chrispitude Member Posts: 5 New User

I've used my B286HK for a year on DVI, and just decided to make the jump to DisplayPort. What a total PITA. This thing is super-picky about DisplayPort cables, even at 1080p@60Hz. I can't find any stable configuration for 4k that doesn't at least flicker occasionally.

Unfortunately I've used up my warranty time while using it with DVI. Acer, can you please have mercy on me and offer me a firmware update for my DisplayPort issues? Please??