Autocalibration and terrible rendering on K272HUL B

christiansyl
christiansyl Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all.

I just received my K272HUL B today and I just started to use it 2-3 hours ago and the resolution is really not as expected.

I am using it with a win10 machine through an HDMI connection at the full resolution of 2560x1440. It looks all right but somehow the rendering of the font andsome visual elemtns is really bad....

I tried to do all kind of changes in the settings of my laptop and I get the same results. I suspect that there is something with the config of the actual monitor....

I remeber havbing the same problem on a DELL monitor and this was fixed with the automatic optimization feature. This feature is described in my user manual but it doesnt seem to work when I try to use it (plus the manual is very unclear on how to activate the auto optimization feature)!

BTW I was on a call with Acer for +- 1 hour and they were not very helpful. They could not find my model, they could only find the K272HUL A that doesnt have the auto optimization feature.....

ANy help would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Christian

Answers

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hello,

We're sorry that you're not happy with your unit.  We'd like to look into this issue for you, could you please post a video showing the rendering concern?

• christiansyl

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure how to post a video with the limit of 3 MB per upload. So I am adding instead some screenshots:

Here are the specs of my laptop and graphic card:
    • System Model HP ENVY Notebook
    • System Type x64-based PC
    • System SKU N9Q77EA#ABH
    • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    • Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    • PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916&SUBSYS_80DF103C&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10
    • Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
    • Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    • Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    • Installed Drivers igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd12umd32
    • Driver Version 20.19.15.4360
    • INF File oem26.inf (iSKLD_w10 section)
    • Color Planes Not Available
    • Color Table Entries 4294967296
    • Resolution 2560 x 1440 x 59 hertz
    • Bits/Pixel 32
    And I am using the HDMI output from my laptop.

I enclosed some pix (see attachment). Its pretty difficult to show this as the moire is being piockecup by the camera. Anyway it seems like some kind of alignment of the beams.I.e. each character is not crisp. You can see some red around each character (some kind of halo). And this is not the antialiasing for sure. Hope that the pictures can help to display that problem...

Im not sure, maybe its the laptop HDMI output, but it does seems very weird. Plus the auto calibration button dont seem to do anything, 

c

20160726_090507.jpg

20160726_090502.jpg

20160726_090436.jpg

And, to be clear, the exact model I have is this one: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HX2AA.001

Christian

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Are you extending or duplicating the display?  Have you tried connecting it to another computer?

• christiansyl

I tried wtih 2 different computers using the DVI and the other connection and in each case the quality was really not as expected.

Somehow it really seems to me that there is some issue with the actual rendering of the monitor...  

Note that I still dont understand how to enable the autocalibration. The explanations in the booklet you sent are a bit unclear, it almost seems like the fature was never implemented (but the button is there)....  Is there any firmware update available for the monitor?

Thanks,

c.