Acer T232HL PS3 Audio Issue

blacksanctuary
blacksanctuary Member Posts: 2 New User

HI, I am experiencing problems with sound when connecting my PS3 to the T232HL via HDMI.

I would hear constant loud buzzing noise from the monitor, rendering games unplayable. However, this only happens when I try to play games or go on PlayStation Store. I tried running YouTube app and it was fine.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If the audio is fine while playing youtube videos, then it is hard to determine the problem. Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Also how close is your PS3 to the monitor? Try distancing the monitor from the PS3 to see if that makes a difference as there could be some electronic interference maybe.

I would also try connecting the monitor to another output device like a PC or another game system to see if you experience the same problem. If you do, I would recommend contacting technical service in your region as there may be a problem with the monitor.

• blacksanctuary
    blacksanctuary Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the reply. I have tried different HDMI cables and moving my ps3 further away, but both did not solve the problem. I will give Tech Services a call.

This discussion has been closed.