Acer H236HL monitor - how to disable automatic input cycling?

Options
AR88
AR88 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

I just got Acer H236HL monitor and have a question regarding its automatic input cycling/automatic input detection.

The monitor is connected to PC (GTX660) via HDMI port (HDMI-HDMI). Whenever PC goes to sleep, shuts down, or windows turns off a monitor, the monitor itself starts going through all available inputs (VGA, DVI, HDMI) before going into power-saving mode (amber power LED). However, when PC cold boots, restarts, or wakes up from sleep the monitor doesn't cycle through the input sources and remembers to instantly use HDMI input source.

That input cycling anytime the monitor turns off is really annoying, and I would like to know how to disable that automatic input cycling. The manual doesn't specify if there is a way to manually select input source. I tried all available menu options but cannot find it!

For instance, my Dell monitor has the following INPUT SOURCE options: Auto Select, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI. My Viewsonic monitors have it too.

Another question - does anyone else experience the same problem with Acer H236HL? I did research but found only a couple of similar problems with other Acer monitors.