Acer GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor

Nazzz
Nazzz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Greetings, 

I Supposed that many consumers have found themselves in this predicament, and regretfully, I'm one of them. 

GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor

I can't change my refresh rate to more than 60hz. The error message that pops up is "Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor." Except there was no DVI-D Dual-link cable that came in the box, so I had to buy a third party one and it still won't work. I've called the service and support last week and until today, I've yet to receive a reply.

I humbly request that a replacement cable is sent to me? Please contact me via email immediately and not via PM (I've tried to PM, it doesn't work) so that I can give my details. My patience is running thin. Would be a shame to make this matter big for a cheap dvi-d cable. 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

[edited to comply with guidelines]