Acer GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter

DonnyBoy
DonnyBoy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I just bought this monitor yesterday, upon opening it up I realized that instead of a DVI cable, I was given two VGA cables instead, however I went and buy a third party Dual link cable which looks like the picture I pasted with, the problem is, I still couldn't select 144hz without it reducing my resolution and popping up that message, I plugged in the HDMI cable along with the DVI cable and somehow I could use the 144hz option, but today when I started up my PC again, it was reverted back to 60hz and when I tried to change it back to 144hz it shows " Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter" again. Please help!image

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Did you buy it from a physical store? Might want to just exchange it for another one and open it to make sure you have the proper cables before leaving the store. Or contact Acer and tell them it only came with VGA cables and see if they'll send you the proper cable.