Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter

Acer GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter

New User

Hello, I just bought this monitor yesterday, upon opening it up I realized that instead of a DVI cable, I was given two VGA cables instead, however I went and buy a third party Dual link cable which looks like the picture I pasted with, the problem is, I still couldn't select 144hz without it reducing my resolution and popping up that message, I plugged in the HDMI cable along with the DVI cable and somehow I could use the 144hz option, but today when I started up my PC again, it was reverted back to 60hz and when I tried to change it back to 144hz it shows " Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter" again. Please help!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Mr. Fixit
Mr. Fixit

Re: Acer GN246HL Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your moniter

Did you buy it from a physical store? Might want to just exchange it for another one and open it to make sure you have the proper cables before leaving the store. Or contact Acer and tell them it only came with VGA cables and see if they'll send you the proper cable.

Announcements
Get exclusive gaming insights, expert advice, and more. Enter the Training Room and leave the competition behind.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

Join me in congratulating Acer-Jose who is our new Acer Community Administrator.  José will be working to ensure the Community is the great place for friends and finding the solutions Acer’s global customers are seeking.  Congratulations José!

Acer-Jose
Acer Community Manager Acer Community Manager

Acer Community Manager