Acer 17" monitor can't read model #. has VGA computer-to-monitor hookup need HDMI conversion

qc
qc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Y'all are PROBABLY not the right board, sorry, but you seemed to be the closest. I have an ancient Acer monitor that has a VGA computer-to-monitor cable right now (the model number, etc. IS there, it's just too small a font for me to read without a magnifying lens or something. If this helps place it, the front sticker says TCO '03 and Windows Vista compatible).

The HP Pavilion Wave I just bought has these port options: Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 USB 3.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (rear), 1 USB 3.1 Type-C(TM) (rear), HDMI Out (rear), DisplayPort (rear), 10/100/1000 Base-T Network, and an HP 3-in-1 Media Card Reader (from its Amazon specs). Based on in-person consultation, it *sounds* like I can avoid having to buy a new monitor if I can find a compatible VGA to HDMI connector/converter. Is this correct, and if so what are some decent choices? (Preferably on the low-to-middle end price-wise if possible. This is getting used largely for standard home use, and I am on a fixed income because I'm disabled. I really don't want to have to buy a new monitor when this one's still WORKING if I don't have to.)

Thanks bunches,

QC