AL2216W Power adapter

richd44
richd44 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My Acer AL2216W came with a power cord that also had a box in the middle.  Am I correct in thinking that this monitor came with an external power supply then later  they made it internal?  I lost my cord and the monitor does nothing with just a plain computer power cord.  I have many of those and tried several.  I need the power cord that has the external power box on it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding one of these.  I have searched the web for some time and have not been able to locate one.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

thanks

Best Answer

• richd44
    Answer ✓

I was wrong all along.  The power supply was internal not on the cord.  I replaced one capacitor on the supply board, plugged in a regular cord and it works fine now.  A good result and it cost less than $10.00.

Thanks for all your help.

Rich

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

You'll find below the cable power for AL2216W:

27.L15VG.002 - Cable Power AC 3-PIN EU
    27.L18VG.006 - Cable Power AC 3-PIN US

In which country do you live?
    France
  • richd44

Uniter States.  If this is the correct power cord and adapter, where can I get one.

thanks

Rich

• richd44

Thanks for getting back to me with this responce.  Are you familiar with this power apapter.  I found a dealer who had it for about 32.00.  They did not have a picture so I could not tell if it is what I need.  the cable that came with the monitor had a regular plug that went into the wall, a rectangular box in the middle and a female three prong on the other.  The female three prong was the same type plug that we plug into our computers.  Does this sound like what the 27.L18VG.006 is.  If so great and thanks again.

Rich

• Hello Rich,

"Are you familiar with this power adapter?" : Yes I am.

The part numbers I have given you are just cables. Sorry.

I checked the AL2216W models and they have an internal power board.

Are you sure of the model?

Could you post a picture of the label?

France
  • richd44

IMAG0305.jpg

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• richd44

I posted two pictures to try and figure out if I can get a power cord for this monitor.  I know that the majority of these monitors came with an internal power supply.  Unless I have gone completely crazy I remember this one came with a a power cord with a box in the middle.  One of rhe pictures shows the type power plug used by this monitor.  You can see it is the same as the one you have on the back of your computer.  The cable you indexed in you post shows a three prong plug that will not fit in this unit.  The monitor worked perfectly when I lst used it.  Then I lost the cable.  It was then that I discovered that you can also get this monitor with an internal power supply and just use a standard computer power cable.  So I tried many cords and got no results at all.  The power button would not even light.  No power at all.  I hope this helps.

Rich

• Hello Rich,

Have you the same model that this page (See the label)?

Year: 2006/11

Note:

On your picture, I saw "AC IN" and not "DC IN". AC means Alternating Current. Normally you can connect directly.

Mystery?

France
  • richd44

I posted a picture of the label but it was taken down, I don't know why.  My version is al2216w bd, not sd.My part number is et.2216b 0d0, serial #ETL7409038******.

I looked on Ebay and saw a repair kit for these monitors.  I shows what it looks like inside.  So I checked my monitor.  It looked the same, so maybe I am just wrong and this didn't have a box on the cable.  I ordered the kit to replace some of the parts on the power board.  It cost less than 10 dollars, so not much to loose if it isn't the fix I need.  I still think I had a box but i guess I could be wrong.  Thanks again for your continued help.

Rich

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• Hello Rich,

In case, I indicate you the part number of inverter board:

55.L74VG.001 - INVERTER BOARD W/O AUDIO

Good luck

Laurent

Note:

Thanks Phil for the first ten characters of S/N!

France
  • richd44
    Answer ✓

I was wrong all along.  The power supply was internal not on the cord.  I replaced one capacitor on the supply board, plugged in a regular cord and it works fine now.  A good result and it cost less than $10.00.

Thanks for all your help.

Rich

• Hello Rich,

Good work! Only one capacitor. Was it burned? Some pictures?

France