Was told by an Acer CSR to post my issue here

VeniseGrr
VeniseGrr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

To the attention of a moderator

Issue: deleting Acer account and registering a product with a different account

I've just wasted ONE HOUR one the phone with 3 different Acer customer reps (I also asked to speak to a supervisor but the rep refused) who instead of solving my issue said my only option was to post on the Acer Community Forum and that a moderator would address my issue.

I bought an Acer monitor and registered it about 2 years ago, creating an online Acer account for it. The email address I created my account with is an old email address that I'm in the process of deleting. So I wanted to change the email address associated with my Acer account. CSR told me that was not possible and that I'd have to create a new account. I asked how I was supposed to be able to register my monitor with a new account if the monitor was already registered. CSR told me I first needed to delete my current account, then create the new one and register the monitor again. I hung up, looked everywhere in my user account settings, couldn't find an option to delete the account. Called Acer again. CSR told me I didn't need to delete my old account. I asked him how I was supposed to register a product that has already been registered on a different account. He said it wasn't a problem and to just create a new account. To make sure he was understanding my issue (because none of the 3 CSR's I spoke to knew English properly and didn't seem to understand what the heck I was talking about because I had to explain my issue several times before they seemed to get an inkling of what I was requesting), I asked him "so I can register my monitor with a different Acer account even though that monitor is already currently registered with another account?" He said yes. I was pretty sure he was wrong but I was frustrated and hung up, deciding to follow his "directions" so that when I called back I could say I did indeed try doing what he told me to do. I created a new Acer account, signing in with Facebook. I tried to register my monitor. OBVIOUSLY, I got an error message saying "That product is already registered with a different account". Called Acer once again. Tried to speak to a supervisor. Wasn't transferred to a supervisor but instead kept being asked questions by the CSR who I was speaking to and who put me on hold twice to try to "gather information to solve the issue". End of story she told me to just post a message on the Acer forum requesting a moderator delete my accout.

First of all: What? This is some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Second: IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS COMPLICATED TO CHANGE AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR DELETE AN ACCOUNT.

Third: For the love of Merlin, someone from Acer please resolve my issue, and fix this for other users in the future. Unbelievable.

[inappropriate content removed]

Comments

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hi VeniseGrr,

You can send a private message to Acer-Karp about your issue to get help.  I would suggest since you've already posted all the information here, you just include a link to this post in your PM.  Just follow this link to get to the compose message page for Acer-Karp: link

• Teetertotter
    Teetertotter Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Venise... was your issue resolved?