Unable to Purchase Laptop – Order Cancelled “failed to meet systems validation checks” SP513-51-55ZR

SETCO2015
SETCO2015 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Is there anyone who can tell me how to contact someone at Acer who can tell me why the Store will not accept my order?  Three different VISA cards were used to order four times and Bank of America confirms the charges were approved in all cases. My daughter needs a laptop ASAP.  She ordered online from the Store using a debit card, order was confirmed, a hold was placed on her checking account, then an hour later, the order was cancelled “failed to meet our systems validation checks”, but the hold was still on her account.  She called the Store and was told to place the order again and the agent would make sure all information was correct. She placed another order on the phone with the same result, now with two holds on her account.  I placed the order using my VISA credit card with same result.  I called the Store and was told to place the order again and the agent would make sure all information was correct.  He reviewed the three previous orders and confirmed they were cancelled, but that he didn’t know why.  He assured me that he could make it go through.  Being skeptical, I asked for someone who could find out why their system was rejecting the order and now has about $2,100 hold on our checking and credit card accounts, so I could avoid another $700 hold.  He said there was no way to find out.  I placed the order again with my VISA debit card with the same result (and another $700 hold on my account).  When I called back, the Agent (Angel) wanted to place the order again.  I insisted on talking with a supervisor, but he said the supervisor would tell me the same thing and there was no one I could talk to who could find out why the orders were being cancelled. 

1******** (My daughter’s order)  2/23/17

1******** (My daughter’s order) 2/23/17

1********  (My order) 2/23/17

1******** (My order) 2/23/17

[Edited to remove personal information]

Problem solved.  My bank gave me direct number to Acer Finance and they got the order on the way.

Comments

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry you are having problems with your online orders from the Acer store. We have forwarded this to the appropriate team to contact you and assist with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out and we will get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Acer America

• No1sperfect
    No1sperfect Member Posts: 1 New User
    im having the same problem. I called my bank and they said my payment went through but acer cancelled my order and put me on hold pre authorization. i called acer they said i have to try purchasing it again and put in all the information correctly. i have put in all the information correct fyi. I was buying predator 17x gtx1080.
  • Vtodaro13
    Vtodaro13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've had the same problem. Ordered a laptop last week and paid for overnight shipping so I could have it before Christmas travels. I was just notified today that Acer cancelled my order. I now can't re-purchase until Acer releases my original funds and the price of the laptop has gone up a decent amount. But still have no idea why it was cancelled originally...never got a response from Acer
  • Apollo79
    Apollo79 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    December 30, 2021 same problem here. Website wouldn't let me input billing city or state. Now my addresses, credit card and Acer account are all redflagged and I can't make a single purchase. Anyone have a number to financial? I was basically told there was nothing to be done.