SATA marketing specs suggestion

Options

I'll post this here so maybe other members can give their input or clear up my confusion.

Before I bought my Acer desktops last year, I looked at the marketing specs on Acer's website for Desktops, and noticed that for Hard Drive Interface it says Serial/ATA 300.  Or SATA 300.  I said to myself there's no way that they would put SATA revision 2.0 300 MB/s 3 Gbits/s ports on this......at least not for the main drive.  So I started looking at their competitors products.  But there was a really good deal on an Acer TC-605-UR13 and I decided that I'd have to research it further.  Once I figured out it was H81 chipset and I knew H81 supported SATA revision 3.0 600 MB/s 6Gb/s, I went ahead and took the risk of buying. 

The first thing that I checked when the desktop arrived via UPS was whether or not it had SATA 6Gb/s ports and it did.  And the HDD was SATA revision 3.0 too.  Of course I knew that I wouldn't be getting close to those speeds with the HDD, but I planned on adding a SSD....so it was somewhat important (to me).  I know that for my typical day-to-day computer use I wouldn't notice much difference with a SSD on SATA revision 2.0 port....but it was more of a matter of geekiness.

To make a long post short, shouldn't the marketing specs on Acer's website as well as others like amazon and newegg etc...at least say 6Gb/s in parenthesis?  Or Serial /ATA 600?

Or maybe a better question would be...why does it say Serial/ATA 300 when it's actually SATA 6Gb/s?  Would it help Acer desktop sales if it was more informative and/or accurate?  Smiley Wink

There's always the possibility that I'm confused about what Serial/ATA 300 really means from a marketing standpoint vs technical standpoint.

But I found a post that would indicate others are confused too.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/272766-32-sata-sata

But if someone goes to wiki, it pretty much educates consumers that SATA revision 2.0 is 300 MB/s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

I'm not an Acer employee.