My Nvidia GPU and control panel isn't working on my acer aspire 5755G

Helpmepleasee
Helpmepleasee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Ok... So i have 2 issues that i would like to ask for assistance in solving with my nvidia products.
1 - My Nvidia control panel doesn't open and gives the following message - "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU."

2 - My Nvidia GeForce GT 540m graphics card doesn't work at all 

extra info for problem number 2:

- The device IS displayed under display adapters in my device manager but when looking at its properties i get this in the 'General' tab - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

- My laptop (Acer Aspire 5755G, intel core i5-2430M 2.40GHz, 8gb RAM and Windows 7 home premium SP-1 64-bit)
also has another display adapter (Intel HD graphics 3000) which seems to work perfectly fine and is fully up-to-date regarding it's drivers and when this display adapter is disabled or uninstalled, device manager shows that the Nvidia card is working just fine, but the screen is in low resolution and my pc doesnt allow any 3D games to be loaded up... which i think means the nvidia card isn't actually working?

-Even when i have the most up-to-date friver installed, GeForce Experience still attempts to download the "newest" driver - the one i already suppossedly have installed

What i have already tried:

-Installing the recommended drivers for both intel and nvidia from the acer website
-Updating both drivers
-Uninstalling and reinstalling both drivers (and the recommended intel chipset driver(with and without DDU in safe mode))

Final Notes:

-At one point in time both the Nvidia control panel and My graphics card used to work but i do not have system restores as my laptop has been repaired twice now since 2011 
-I apoligise if this thread is in the wrong support subsection
-Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy