Is there an email address for pre-sales questions?

PK232
PK232 Member Posts: 3 New User

The subject says it all

Comments

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry for the delay in replying. I just saw this thread. In the US or Canada, you can use ecommerce@acer.com

They should be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

• PK232

I found that address early on in another post.  When I sent an email with my question to that address the reply was that they could not provide an answer but that I should try 1-866-695-2237.  When I called that number they said they could not answer my question either and that I should try 1-800-910-2237.   When I called that number I found it was the same location as ecommerce@acer.com, i.e. the Acer store.  They were sending me in circles.  At that point I figured if it was that hard to talk to someone with a presales question, I would really be in trouble solving any support problems after the sale so I gave up.  I ended up buying Dell Inspiron last Wednesday

• Blayn-Acer

Very sorry to hear you couldn't get the answers you needed. If you need any information, just send me a PM and I can help you, or get someone in contact with you who can.

• PK232

In case you are interested in the details, I had picked out five different laptops, all in the $450-$550 range, as a replacement for an older Acer laptop that was getting a little long in the tooth.   The ones I selected did not have touch screens because I figured those for sure those would have a matte finish and I wanted a glossy finish.   Unfortunately I could not find the finish of the screen for the ones I had picked out in any of the specifications and from my previous post you know the success I had in finding out that information by contacting Acer.   Based on this experience, and on all the postings I found along the way on how abysmal customer support was after the sale, I figured my last Acer purchase would indeed by my very last.   Having no real sales support via email and customer support that does not want any contact you whatsoever after the warranty period expires, may improve the bottom line but as this case proves, it does not improve sales growth,

• Blayn-Acer

Thank you for providing this feedback. We can and should do better than that. I understand exactly what you are saying about not being able to get simple questions like that answered. I wish I could have reached out to you sooner, as this is information I can provide. I also understand about your concerns for support after the warranty has expired. We are sorry to lose you as a customer, but do hope you enjoy whatever brand product you choose. I will be providing feedback of your experience to the appropriate parties, as we do care about the complete customer experience, and want to improve it in any way we can. I have been pushing for a while to provide better screen specifications on our site, but we have not been able to do this yet. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.