Formal complaint - Acer doesn't cover shipping on warranty issues

Arty2
Arty2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just wanted to formaly complain about about Acer handling warranty support.

I purchased a Swith Alpha 12 and I have issues with a trackpad and power supply connection.

There is obviously no tech center in my city so I was told to ship the product to Missausaga at my own expense ! Apparently they will ship it back to me for free. 

However, when I found a way to drop it off there for me directly. They say they will not ship it back to me to Montreal because it was dropped off ! That is just nutts ! I am basically being penilized for suceeding in getting it there to them for free lol.

They say it is a company policy and there is nothing they can do about this.

I dealt with many other companies in the past (Nvidia, Microsoft, Apple, DELL, etc) and they always covered the shipping both ways. I guess Acer doesn't want to be comparable to one of those great companies and prefers to be penny smart but pound foolish. That policy should certeinly make people think twice when comparing products from Acer on their next purchase.

Comments

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We understand your frustration with this situation, but it is not recommended that you bring your Acer product directly to the repair facility, as we do not have a receiving department for products that are dropped off.  

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

tell me about it. especially when their rma dept is incompetent. i had to ship my monitor to them three times. 

as you can imagine between packaging material and shipping cost sending it across the country started to take its toll. here I am 6 months later with a second xb271hu developing problems on the screen. now i have to fork over another 700 dollars for another monitor.