Delete Acer Account

Captain819
Captain819 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2018 in Members Lounge

I no longer need my Acer ID account and my Acer Community account. Can it be deleted?

Comments

• Acer-Brad
    Acer-Brad Administrator Posts: 348 Community Administrator
    edited January 2018

We are sad to hear you want to delete or remove your Acer ID and or Community login.  Since this is not a common request, we don't offer a way for you to do this yourself.  Instead please send a private message to @Acer-Karp including the email address your Acer ID is using, and I will arrange for the account to be deleted.  

We hope to see you back with the Acer family soon!

• kadiralam
    kadiralam Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

For some unknown reason I have two MyAcer accounts.

One with my old email address (***) and the other with my new email address (***).

I would like to know if there is any way to merge my two accounts so that I only have one account with my new email address (***)?

I would really appreciate it greatly if someone could contact me and help me sort this out ASAP please.

Thank you

Many Regards

Kadir

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• temp123
    temp123 Member Posts: 1 New User

I tried messaging you but I am unable to, it says that I don't have access. I would also like to delete my acer account.

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi temp123,

We are sorry to hear you want to delete your Acer ID and Community login. 

Please try again to send a private message to our Community Admin Acer-Brad including the email address your Acer ID is using, and he will arrange for the account to be deleted.  

We hope to see you back with the Acer family soon.

• kparrish
    kparrish Member Posts: 1 New User

Phil/Brad,

I've also tried to send a private messages severl times to Acer-Brad, but unfortunately I received an error message explaining I did not have the appropriate permissions.

I would like my Acer account and Acer Community account deleted.  Please advise how this process works.

Thank you.

• Acer-Brad

Acer Community members must have posted at least one time before the Private Messages feature is activated.  This helps ensure people actually try the peer to peer support of our forums before sending a note to my team for technical help!  

I have arranged for the kparrish account to be deleted.  

• nrp47345
    nrp47345 Member Posts: 1 New User

ok, so i am posting for the first time to get the privilages

• Acer-Brad

Account deleted.  I hope you continue to gain from the Acer Community as a casual visitor!

• ch123
    ch123 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I would like to delete an acer account also. I think I have to post first before I can message.

Thanks

• Phil-3

Hi ch123,

We are sorry to hear you will be leaving us.

Please send a private message to our Community Admin Acer-Brad including the email address your Acer ID is using, and he will arrange for the account to be deleted.  If you run into any problems, just post back here. 

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Thanks!

• Wíseåb
    Wíseåb Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer-Brad wrote:

We are sad to hear you want to delete or remove your Acer ID and or Community login.  Since this is not a common request, we don't offer a way for you to do this yourself.  Instead please send a private message to me including the email address your Acer ID is using, and I will arrange for the account to be deleted.  

We hope to see you back with the Acer family soon!

Hello Acer-Brad,

Please, I need you to change my Acer-ID or delete the account, whichever one is easier.

The email adress used then as ID has long been deleted by me to merge my email database.

In trying to ensure you have my updated details for proper communication, i logged in once with my google* account before realising that i cant access my registered devices via that login. Right now, i cannot receive any email message you send using that.

I know you asked for a private message but, that function doesn't show on my account. It's alright, just resolve my request and delete my post afterwards.

Thank you.

[edited for privacy - please use the Private Message system]

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Wíseåb wrote:

I know you asked for a private message but, that function doesn't show on my account. It's alright, just resolve my request and delete my post afterwards.

Thank you.

Hi Wíseåb!

There is a limit to private messages where you have to post to the community once before they are enabled (as an anti-spam measure).  Now that you've posted, you should find the option of sending private messages available to you and should be able to send Acer-Brad a private message with your information.  If you have any further troubles, please feel free to post and let us know!

• murphys-are
    murphys-are Member Posts: 1 New User

I too no longer require my Acer account.  I clicked the link to acer-brad but received an error meesage saying I was unauthorized.  Halp please.

• Phil-3

Hi murphys-are,

Private messaging becomes available after your first post.  SInce you have just done so please try again.

This time you may get a quicker response if you contact Acer-Jose

• galengirl
    galengirl Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have been directed to this forum to get help on deleting my acer account as my email address registered with it have been deleted. Hence, I need to recreate a new one. However, I cannot private message any moderators here as it led to an error page. May I also asked if I recreate a new account, do I need to re-register my product which is already a few years? Thank you very much.

• Kathy-1

Hi galengirl, 

You have to post once in order to be able to private message anyone on the community.  Now that you have, you should have no trouble doing so.  I suggest you reach out to Acer-Jose and he'll be able to help you out!

Please let us know if you have any further issues!

• karatekidmonkey
    karatekidmonkey Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I'd also like to have my Acer account deleted, should I just PM "Acer-Jose"?

• Phil-3

Hello karatekidmonkey,

Yes, if you send a private message to Acer-Jose he should be able to assist you.

Thanks!

• 011Steve011
    011Steve011 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am posting here so I can get permission to send a private message to Acer staff and have my Acer ID and Community account deleted.  

• Kathy-1

Hi 011Steve011,

Now that you've made a post, you should be able to PM Acer-Jose to request deletion of your Acer and community account.

Sorry to see you go, we hope to see you again!

This discussion has been closed.