Change email address on acer account

abdekker12
abdekker12 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

edited March 22 in 2018 Archives

My email provider, Orange, is closing my email account and I must change the email. I've tried 3 times now and I cannot change the email address! I need to change it from [CURRENT-EMAIL-START]@fsmail.net to [CURRENT-EMAIL-START]@gmail.com.

Every time I log in and edit the profile, I enter the new email address, then re-enter. After ~1minute I get a verification email at the new email address (sounds good so far)...click that and get a "Confirmed!" message. Sounds really good...until I try and log in again when the old email address is still the account email, and the new email is not even recognised.

I've tried deleting all cookies both before and after the change, no help. Can someone from acer change this for me please if this is a bug. Using Chrome (latest v56) on Windows 8.1, Acer S7-392.

Thanks!

Alain

Comments

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello Alain,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you are having with your Acer account.

Please send a private message to Acer-Karp who will be able to assist you.

Thanks!

• abdekker12
    abdekker12 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Thanks will PM him now and see how it goes.

Alain

• abdekker
    abdekker Member Posts: 4 New User

This is the real abdekker...but I'm having to post this reply from a new account because the Acer system has deleted my fsmail.net account. If Phil-3 or Acer-Karp is reading this can you help please? My required email address is [EMAIL-START]@gmail.com (the old one is [EMAIL-START]@fsmail.net and fsmail is being closed by Orange in a few weeks).

Thanks,

Alain Dekker

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hi abdekkerace,

I'm going to close this thread since you started a new thread and will link back to this thread from the new thread, so as to avoid confusion with 2 threads going at once.

• bkcme
    bkcme Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need to change my email address, but the link to pm Acer-Karp doesn't work
  • christy3752000
    christy3752000 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

call acer tech support to do any changes on your account.
  • Elomyia
    Elomyia Member Posts: 1 New User
    i need help on this matter tooooo!!!! this email is the first one i made and i rly want to change it to my current one 
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Elomyia E-mail address can't be changed once created. If you'd like to use a different e-mail address, you need to create new account with that e-mail address. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)