Change EMail address

Rustys
Rustys Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives

I need to change the email address for Acer Community.  This is the one that I use to log into the Community for the sign in page.

Capture.PNG

I have done this for the past 4 days and it will not hold the new email address.  I get the cofermation email that it has been changed and to click the link that is supplied  top Validate the email change.

Hello Rustys,

We have received a request to verify your email address on Acer Community. Click the link below to verify your email address:

(Link was erased)

Thanks for being a Acer Community member.

Your Acer Community Team

When I go to log back into the site I have to use my old email address to access the site.

Best Answer

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello Rustys,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you are having.  Please send a private message to Acer-Karp who will be able to assist you.

Thanks!

• Rustys
    Rustys Member Posts: 8 New User

Thanks sent the PM.

• hmake
    hmake Member Posts: 4 New User
    I need to change my email address as well,  it has been deleted.  I'm posting here for the first time to see if it helps. 
  • heiitsmee
    heiitsmee Member Posts: 1 New User
    how do I change my login email. the email acer asks as soon as turn on my laptop. by mistake I had given the wrong email when setting up at the beginning
  • genterminl
    genterminl Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I am absolutely flabbergasted it is so _(*&(*^&*% difficult to change an email address.  If I really do have to create a new account do change my address, I then lose the entire history of everything (albeit not much) I've done at the site, including registering devices and posting to the community.  Really poor design.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    genterminl 
    Once your Acer ID has been created, you cannot change or edit the email address associated with that account
    Here's the weblink with information on changing the email address associated with your Acer ID
    https://ame.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51291 

Once you have created a new account with new email address, Please send a private message to  Acer-Karp including the email address and your Acer ID and he will arrange for the old account to be deleted. https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Karp 
    Please mention that you want to entire history transferred to new account.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Rickyyoo45
    Rickyyoo45 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I need to change my email, but there is no option to change it. HELP!