Acer Aspire V3-772-7448 touch pad is beyond pathetic.

THEMOOK
THEMOOK Member Posts: 3 New User

Bought this from Amazon as a back up for a lap top that was on its last legs. Just as it died and i pulled this out, the warrenty was done so returning was/is not an option. I didnt think there would be issues since 15 of 17 buyers were pleased with their purchase. Lo and behold, after doing my homework on my problem, many people are disgusted with the same problem im having. Im shocked that there isnt a post about this here. This is no longer sold at Amazon and theres no info on when (if ever) it will be sold there again.

I would appreciate any help. A crappy touch pad is like a luxury car without a steering wheel.

Answers

• niknah
    niknah Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a V5-573G

My problem is that the touch pad doesn't "touch", it can scroll but touching the pad doesn't click or only clicks randomly.

And the download site is pretty bad too.  Often comes up with "Service not available" and when it is available it takes an hour to download a 100mb driver.  What sort of spywares is in a bloated 100mb driver anyways?

• THEMOOK
    THEMOOK Member Posts: 3 New User

couldnt say what i wanted to due to it being deleted. you know, truth is the enemy around some parts. it would be nice if an acer tech could get in here and ASSIST US.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• niknah
    niknah Member Posts: 2 New User

I removed the drivers.

The touchpad works fine as a normal mouse.

The touch clicking is better without the drivers but still only works randomly.

I still have this problem in linux so I presume it's a hardware issue.