webcam driver

Mcshegxy
Mcshegxy Member Posts: 2 New User

pls i need a webcam driver for acer aspire one aod270....how do i get it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer

First, check device manager to see if you even have webcam hardware installed on the machine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• midlothianchump
    midlothianchump Member Posts: 18 New User

FOUR WEEKS! And not one useful reply here! 

Tells me this site is likely a waste of my time on many topics.

Truly an embarrassment to Acer!

• midlothianchump

Er...   JackE, I get a definite sense he's talking about the built-in, don't you? Smiley Indifferent

• JackE

Yup. That's the definite sense I got too. That's why the question was asked. What does device mgr show? An error? A warning? Anything at all regarding webcam hardware  built into, or otherwise attached to, the machine.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• midlothianchump

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ap6SuR6y_kgdi3L9CzF78YfLsJWy

A cloud location to watch my short smartphone video, in which I show the device manager dialogs-wandering I'm doing.  I still can't even identify or locate my webcam since installing Win'10 on my Aspire 5349.

Clues, anyone?

• JackE

Regarding the OP's message, some Aspire One series netbooks were NOT equipped with webcam imaging devices. That's why the question was asked if it could be identified as working correctly or incorrectly in Device Mgr.

As for the 5349, Win10 upgrades still have some device issues, particularly on older machines, that remain unresolved. If device mgr cannot identify a webcam imaging device, and you need that webcam functionality,  I suggest trying to erecover the original operating system while saving your data from the hidden recovery partition.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• midlothianchump

Regarding the OP's message TERMINOLOGY A MYSTERY TO ME HERE , some Aspire One series netbooks were NOT equipped with webcam imaging devices. That's why the question was asked if it could be identified as working correctly or incorrectly in Device Mgr. As for the 5349, Win10 upgrades still have some device issues, particularly on older machines, that remain unresolved. If device mgr cannot identify a webcam imaging device, and you need that webcam functionality, I suggest trying to recover the original operating system while saving your data from the hidden recovery partition. REALLY?  I THOUGHT THE JOY OF WIN'10 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT PREVIOUS WINDOWS COULD LINGER RIGHT ALONGSIDE IT, AT LEAST FOR A WHILE.   MY INSTALLATION WAS JUST LAST WEEK.   ALSO HERE, "saving your data from" CAN BE UNDERSTOOD TO MEAN "KEEPING YOUR DATA AWAY FROM" OR TO MEAN "PRESERVING YOUR DATA THAT'S RESIDENT IN"  

CAN YOU BE SO KIND AS TO ELABORATE, KNOWING I'M FINE WITH YOUR OVER-EXPLAINING OR "TALKING DOWN TO" ME?

• JackE

Sorry, OP means the original or first post in this thread.

If you installed the free "testdrive" version of Win10 from the Microsoft site, you should be able to get back to the original operating system with your data intact. However, some folks have had issues getting back. In this case you can try to Alt+F10 erecovery procedure from a hidden Acer recovery partition on the hard drive. Just follow this Acer video --- you have the option of either recovering the operating system to its factory-installed state without saving your data or recovering it while saving your data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• midlothianchump

Smiley Sad

c'mon! D ya think I might wanta persist a bit first?? This PC does have a built-in webcam! Have you watched my little video? c'MON !

• JackE

Have you tried to install the latest webcam software specific to your 5349?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ