the screen resolution is to low for this app to run -i have an Aspire E 15 (esi 512 p8na) notebook a

mikehy55
mikehy55 Member Posts: 1 New User

-i have an Aspire E 15 (esi 512 p8na) notebook and no app will run from the win 8.1 screen .these are app that are preloaded.

I have tried to change the screen resolution but no luck ,any advise wecome ,thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Windows 8.1 comes with new metro apps but you need at least 1024x768 screen resolution to run them. If you have a lower screen resolution system such as netbook (1024x600) and you try to open a metro app from Start Screen, you get following error message  "the screen resolution is to low for this app to run"

Turns out this issue is quite common with notebook users. You may try the below menioned steps:
    Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to launch Run.
    Type in regedit and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor.
    Press Ctrl + F simultaneously to open the Find dialog box.
    In the Find dialog box, type in this: Display1_DownScalingSupported then click on Find Next button and Windows will automatically search for you the registry key and high light it for you.
    Click on the high lighted key (Display1_DownScalingSupported) and change the Value from 0 to 1.
    Once finished, exit the Registry Edit, restart your PC.
    After you've restarted, go to your Desktop, right mouse click, choose Screen Resolution and you should be able to choose 1024x768. Please choose this option, save and close.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.