"driver(wdm) init fail (0x137) error" msg while upgrading BIOS, My laptop is 4743G with win 7 64.

smmyazdi
smmyazdi Member Posts: 3 New User

Any solution to this problem?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If it were my machine on which I relied, I'd return the caddy as defective and ask for a new one or try another brand. I personally would not risk flashing the bios unless my machine had ***other issues specifically addressed***  by the firmware update.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

What bios ver are you trying to install? Are you trying to install it from the Win7 environment? What issue are you trying to resolve with the existing bios firmware?

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• smmyazdi

My bios currently is 1.05, I tried 1.15, 1.17 and 1.20, with win 7 environment but each one gave same error. By upgrading I was hoping I can use my old/original hardisk in optical caddy (ORICO Aluminum SATA 3.0 2.5 inch Hard Drive HDD or SSD Caddy

) I recently purchased.

I have installed an SSD in original hdd location and it works smoothly but as soon as I put the old hdd in the caddy it freezes in the boot screen, although in boot screen it showed both harddisk!

• JackE

Probably not a bios issue. Besides, if done improperly, a bios flash can brick you machine. The bios errors you got indicate that the flash process was unable proceed from the Windows environment. Accordingly, a lower level process before Windows loads would likely be needed.

Before further attempting to flash the bios, I ***strongly*** suggest that you first try this Amazon reviewer's fix even though aimed at a competitor notebook. "This fits a HP ZBook 15 G2, but there is an important point of which to be aware. There is a undocumented switch on the caddy that you must switch to be compatible with HP's. It turns the diagnostic pin to 'off'. If you do not do this then your laptop will not sleep, restart, or shutdown properly, at least not in Windows 10. You have to look through a hole in the metal on the side, near the SATA plug. Use can use a paper clip or something to reach in there and flip it. If this was documented anywhere in the instructions I would have giving this 4 starts, but the frustration it caused me reduced my rating to 3."

Report back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smmyazdi

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I was excited to read your post, I fliped the switch but still didn't work. It freezes on boot screen. 

• JackE
    Answer ✓

If it were my machine on which I relied, I'd return the caddy as defective and ask for a new one or try another brand. I personally would not risk flashing the bios unless my machine had ***other issues specifically addressed***  by the firmware update.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ