gregmy123
gregmy123 Member Posts: 1 New User

Need to enable virtualization on acer aspire E5-571P

can anyone help?

thank you

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

If there isn't an option in the BIOS, the system may not support it. Can you run VMware or some other software solution?

• adrianbucks
    adrianbucks Member Posts: 3 New User

The thing is that even if the processor support hardware virtualization as mine does, an AMD A6-6310, on aspire e5-521 laptop, there is no option in BIOS to enable it

• JayJay1970
    JayJay1970 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi

I have just purchased an aspire E 17 for uses for IT network studies I am doing that makes extensive use of applications like virtualbox. I purched the E5-771-58GZ specifically to use the virtualization features of the intel i5 processor.

Now the intel test application confirms that the chip is enabled for virtualisation and the virtualbox allows the initial creation of a 64bit base machine.

However, I cannot get anything to run and want to check if virtualisation is ON or OFF by default on this laptop, as there is no entry in the bios to enable or disable.

If it is OFF then is there some acer documentation where I can find VSS_OFFSET, VSS_SIZE and if possible PATCH_OFFSET

- - for use in 3rd party python scripts to modify the bios.

I have read there may be a non-released bios for accessing this feature, is there anywhere I might request a copy of that?

If I can't get this working then it leaves me substantly out of pocket with a laptop that is pretty useless for anything but watching TV and I already have too many of those.

Any help would be much appreciated.