as7741z cmos rtc battery

gssisler
gssisler Member Posts: 2 New User

What is the replacement battery number for the AS7741Z-4643 CMOS RTC batttery?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

cr-2032 3volt lithium coin cell. Or you can buy the pre-wired coin if you're not comfortable wiring your own.

http://www.genuine-cmos-battery.com/acer-aspire-7741z-4643-cmos-battery.html

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• gssisler
    gssisler Member Posts: 2 New User

www.genuine-cmos-battery.com

sent me a replacement CR2032 battery and said use this.

I sent them an e-mail saying I ordered the CMOS battery as it was shown on their web page; I did not want to rebuild it.

Now they are wanting a photo of my original CMOS battery.  The computer belongs to my customer who is using it, I have not removed the CMOS battery and I do not have a picture.

Do you have a picture of the CMOS Battery for the Acer Aspire 7741z-4643 that would show in detail the connector end and wire arrangement?

Thank you,

Gary Sisler

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>Now they are wanting a photo of my original CMOS battery>>>

Sorry about that. Sure sounds like they're out of stock on the GC02000kh00 assembly. And tried to fill the order with the bare cr-2032 which you can buy just about anywhere. That would seem to be an error on their part, not your's. That assembly is commonly used in literally hundreds of models and many different brands. Just do a google image search for "GC02000kh00 battery" and take your pick replete with closeups so you can play the photo game with them on your terms. 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ