Wireless driver for my Aspire 4810TG

dansolhe
dansolhe Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hi, I reset my computer to factory settings through the Acer Recovery Manager, which worked perfectly after removing some extra linux distributions, and grub, etc. But I was unfortunately a bit too quick when cleaning up my fresh install and was I able to remove the wireless driver which I CAN NOT find again. So, does someone know where I can get the correct wireless driver for my Aspire 4810TG (NO. P4LJ0), whether it is a link where I can download it or WHICH driver I should choose from the "browse my computer for drivers"-option? I've tried the obvious options, like driver downloads from Acer support and other driver pages, and chosen the most obvious ones from the "browse, but none are the correct one.. If it's possible I would like to not reset my computer again... It would be awesome if someone out there got the answer!! Smiley Happy Thanks a lot, Daniel

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

OS installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dansolhe
    Win7 Home Edition
  • IronFly

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button,

clicking Control Panel,

clicking System and Security, and then, under System,

clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• dansolhe

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_34

• dansolhe

Hi,

I tried both this and the 64-bits driver (my OS is 64-bits), but none of them worked. Or to be honest, I wasn't able to execute any of them - when double clicking it just asked me the standard question of "are you sure you want to start this program from a unverified source, etc" and then when pressing yes, nothing happened. I've experienced this on some of the drivers I've downloaded before also.. I also tried to chose one of these when "choose where to look for drivers", but my computer didn't recognize any of them as drivers.

The drivers I've browsed for (browsed for as in chosen from a list of manufacturers and then chose what specific driver to install) are some of the Atheros ones (none of those installed), but the following Intel Corporation drivers installed nicely,

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945BG Network Connection

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3965ABG Network Connection

BUT they didn't seem to be compatible with my network adapter as no wireless networks was found (I turned on my wireless network button and enabled whatever I could find)

Thanks again for your help!

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Your wifi adpater is:

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

try this (100% trusted website):

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/934/

you can try to install drivers manually, browsing to this folder:

intel_wireless_17.12.0.5 \Win7Plus\Win64\Drivers\Win7

• dansolhe