Wiped window 8.1 off my Aspire One, no bootable recovery backup, no D2D option in BIOS to access

anaserene
anaserene Member Posts: 1 New User

My Aspire One 725-0687 with Windows 8.1 was stuck in an infinite "update failed to install...removing updates...do not turn off computer" loop for 48 hours before I turned off the computer in utter disgust with Windows. I tried everything in the blue screen troubleshooting window: refresh, restore, diagnose and repair, etc. I encountered an "error resfreshing," "error restoring," error repairing," and nothing was working to get me back into Windows. I tried rebooting in Safe Mode and even that would not work. Now the computer says "performing automatic repair" when rebooting and that's the current infinite loop. I have no external recovery media to boot from to reinstall the OS on what appears to be a now reformatted, blank drive.

I tried to access the hidden recovery partition but that also won't work because there is no D2D option in BIOS.

Please do not advise me to try Alt-F10 and all the other hot key configurations because none of those work either.

I read on another website that the only thing I can do is to download the Acer eRecovery Management software and use that to restore from the hidden partition; however, that software does not appear available, at least not for free.

I refuse to pay for something I did not cause!  That's just plain wrong!

Any advice out there?? Thanks in advance.

Answers