What apps and drivers will I require after I clean install my Acer Aspire One 725 to windows 10?

beyer2
beyer2 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have already upgraded my Acer Aspire One 0725 to Windows 10.  However, there seems to be an incompatibilty with some of my current installed apps and drivers that is causing several issues.  Microsoft support has reviewed my concerns and has concluded that a clean install of windows 10 would be the way to go.  Before I do that it would probably be good to obtain all the apps and drivers that will be necessay once the clean install has completed.  If anyone can provide me with a list it wold be greatly appreciated.  

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Most of drivers will be updated by windows update when connected to the web.

about applications, i think only Acer launch manager is needed to use Fn keys:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/LaunchManager/LaunchManager_Acer_8.00.8101_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635170810649575431&Step1=NETBOOK,%20CHROMEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20ONE&Step3=AO725&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

but...i read some threads about issues under windows 10 with Acer launch manager, worth a try to install.

to check if all drivers are installed and working correctly, after checking that all the updates are installed:

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beyer2

Thanks for the reply.  I will look into the Launch Manager concerns.  I haven't started the clean install as yet.  I'll keep you posted.  For me,  this is akin to learning how to swim by diving into the deep end.  Smiley Frustrated

• beyer2

Finally upgraded to windows 10 using the "wipe everything and start over" method.  All drivers appear to have been installed and everthing seems to be working ok.  I spent the last few days reinstalling personal apps and documents.  I do notice that there are no PF1 or PF12 options when booting up.  Apparently those functions are available after boot up.  I have noticed that after installing Skype the msconfig boot profile changes from Normal Startup to Selctive Startup.  Don't know if that is a problem but everything I have tried so far seems to work ok.  Thanks again forthe reply to my original post.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.