Upgrade on ASPIRE 5737z

SaltaPocinhas
SaltaPocinhas Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

I have a aspire 5737Z-424G32Mn and i want to upgrade the cpu and if possible the ram.

At this time it has a T4200, 4GB (2x Samsung 2GB 2Rx8 PC3-8500S-07-00-F0), 1 Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB and a caddy with the original WD3200BEVT-22ZCT (320 GB), al runing with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

In some forums i saw that it was possible to upgrade the ram to 8GB but and upgrade the cpu with a T9500 or a T9300.

My question is if this info about the ram and cpu is right and if it is possible to install a better cpu than the ones above.

Don't know for shure where is the serial number of the motherboard so i add this two pictures, it might be one of them.

Best regards to all,

[Edited by Moderator]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

The advertised maxram is 4GB. However the BIOS ***might*** recognize and be able to use 8GB as a 2x4GB but no guarantees. If it were mine, I'd give a 2x4 a shot. As far as further upgrades go, the biggest bang for the buck over what you've already got is probably gonna be by going to a bigger SSD and dumping the caddy. A mainboard-compatible CPU upgrade is unlikely to yield a noticeable difference.  Jack E/NJ        

Jack E/NJ

• jjaviercs
    jjaviercs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi finnaly you upgraded your netbootk? Can you confirm wich is the memory and the caddy?

Thanks
  • jjaviercs
    jjaviercs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi, finally I could update my notebook with 8 GB memory, SSD and caddy for put HD isnted of blue ray player.
    If anybody need, this is the link to de memory modules:

8 GB memory for Acer Aspire 5737z

With SSD and 8 GB memory work good with Windows 10 profesional 64 bits. Son I test the T9500 proccesor to win more performance

Regards