USB driver update Aspire One 722.

JohnBoy1
JohnBoy1 Member Posts: 8 New User

I would like to update the USB drivers for my Aspire One 722 in order to use an Android device that is not recognized by my computer. The ACER driver download page has listed possible downloads but I cannot tell which one is for the USB drivers....for example the list includes..... 3G, Audio, LAN, Bluetooth, Card Reader, Touch Pad, VGA, Wireless LAN.  I would appreciate any help if you can tell me which one includes the USB drivers. Thank you. John

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You might also wanna check out the cable, it could be defective.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

None of the above that you mentioned. Part of the operating system. Are you still running Win7? What Android device are you trying to read?

Jack E/NJ

sent from my AO722 8^)

Jack E/NJ

• JohnBoy1

Hi JackE, Thanks for your interest. I am still using Windows 7 and the device is a Trio Mini Stealth. 

When I go to "My computer" the device does not appear....just my "C" drive is shown. Although the Trio Mini does not appear in "my computer", the computer will charge the Android...so it "is" connected through the USB. Since the computer is not recognizing the Android to allow me to transfer files, I came to the conclusion I should update the USB drivers.  Thanks again. John

• JohnBoy1

Thanks Iron Fly. My screen does not have that "USB" notification when I plug into a computer. I do know what it should look like because I watched a couple "You Tube" videos and I could see the "USB notification" on the Trio Tablet screen if the tablet was plugged into a computer, and if in the video the tablet was not plugged in...there was no USB notification. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

John

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

when you plug it, can you hear the classic windows sound when an USB device is plugged?

once plugged, please check on Device manager (click on View tab and select Show hidden devices), if it's listed ...maybe with an yellow exclamation mark.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JohnBoy1

Hello IronFly, Thanks again for your help. I do not get the "windows sound" when I plug it in. I tried a few other USB devices in the same port and I do hear the sound. I then went to Device Manager, View, and checked off "display hidden devices". These actions did not help. I am running Windows 7 and I did update it the other day. Any other suggestions? Thanks. John

• JackE

If you have access to another Windows machine, not necessarily Win7, you might wanna test to see if your Android device is operating as it should. Your AO722 seems OK to me.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• JohnBoy1

Thanks JackE. I think you are right about the Acer machine being ok.  I tried the Android on two other machines and it was not recognized by them either. I appreciate your time.

John

• JackE
    Answer ✓

You might also wanna check out the cable, it could be defective.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JohnBoy1

Hi JackE,

You guys are awesome. Very conscientious and dedicated to helping the community. You might be right about the cable b/c there are times when it will stop charging even though the Trio Android device is not fully charged. I would unplug it and then plug it back in again....lo and behold...it would be charging again. So I tried another cable, from a different manufacturer, with the same connections and it will charge all the time until fully charged. However with the cable from the other manufacturer....the Android is still not recognized by the computer.

This did make me wonder if there is something so specialized about the "Trio manufacturers" cables that could make the difference between recognizing and not recognizing. What are your thoughts? Thank you. John 

• JackE

>>>What are your thoughts? >>>

I'd probably think Amazon in a search for "usb cable" and "trio stealth" to see what pops up. If the price seemed right to me, I'd probably try it, even though I'm not sure that it'd fix things. Yep, those are my thoughts. 8^)

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• IronFly

i don't think you need any branded USB cable, android devices uses pretty standard USB cables.

i would try 2 more things:

1)check if any system updates are available for your Trio and update it

2) do a Trio factory reset (backup all your data first), settings - backup&reset -factory data reset

once done, try to connect it again to your laptop; if it's still not working, i would contact Trio support service,

• JohnBoy1

I am still having trouble with this driver update to allow me to recognize the Android with my Acer computer. I updated the software drivers, however the Trio Support people tell me to update the Acer Aspire One 722 drivers from the Acer website. They also stated I did not need to update the OS Drivers. I have pasted below a screen shot of the available drivers from Acer. My problem is that I do not know which one is the USB driver.

Capture Downloads.JPG

Also when I use the ACER hardware detection tool I am provided with this following screen...which did not help me....but perhaps someone knows if any of these might relate to my Acer Aspire One 722 USB drivers.Hardware Vendor Detectin.JPGThanks again for everyone's help.

John

• JackE

>>>the Trio Support people tell me to update the Acer Aspire One 722 drivers from the Acer website. >>>

As mentioned previously in post 2, none of the above. Did you get a new cable yet?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IronFly

i agree with JackE, it's not an issue on your laptop or OS, since you are not able to connect the tablet to other PCs too.

• JohnBoy1

Hi JackE,

I want to thank you for your valuable help with problem solving my Trio Mini Tablet that was not being recognized by my computer. You were right...it was a defective cable! The Trio company should hire your for technical support.

• JackE

And thank you for reporting back to us with your success!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ