Speakers on the bottom side of a laptop.

echoriath
echoriath Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

If you think putting the speakers on the bottom of the laptop is a good idea, maybe you should figure out a way to put the keyboard there as well so I CAN LISTEN TO WHATS PLAYING WHILE I TYPE!!!

Really, who's the genius engineer that thought that was  a good idea?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer

It's likely done for space-saving to accomodate a reasonable size keyboard on small form-factor laptops. Most folks like me use buds or headgear anyway cuz most built-in laptop speakers sound lousy anyway.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• disney
    disney Member Posts: 2 New User
    I can't believe that Acer was made aware of this ridiculous speaker placement as far back as August 2016. It was a pleasure to listen to music on my HP - however that is one avenue of pleasure not provided by my new Acer Travelmate. I would love to take it back, but it works and I'm loathe to have to transfer everything and set up another notebook. My next computer will not be an Acer.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Can I have the laptop's model number?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• disney
    disney Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    Can I have the laptop's model number?
    The model number on the back is too small to read!! Who builds these things? Anyway, found it - for some reason it displays on the screen background: TravelMate P459-G2-M.