Recovery blue screen error code Oxc0000034

mostater
mostater Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an Aspire M5 481PT with Windows 8.1 and rec'd this error the other day.  I have recovery software saved on a USB flash drive.  I insert the flash drive and hit the start button but nothing different happens.  I think I have to change the boot up sequence in BIOS but my (new) problem is that I cannot get to BIOS. I turn the laptop on and have been pressing F2 continuously as fast as I can but no luck.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

instead of F2, press F12, this will popup the Boot orderd, select your USB flash drive.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mostater

Thanks IronFly for the suggestion.  I have tried F12 multiple times but nothing happens.  I have also tried all the other F# keys as well as delete (read online that works for desktops).  Not sure if I am continuously missing my small window of opportunity or if there is something else wrong with the laptop that is preventing me from entering BIOS or changing boot order.  Any other suggestion?

• IronFly

ok, if windows can boot, you can tell the OS to reboot to BIOS/UEFI:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/access-uefi-firmware-settings-windows-8-1

• mostater

Unfortunately Windows won't boot.  I get the Acer splash screen for several seconds then it goes immediately to the blue screen with error code 0xc0000034.  I can't get to BIOS to change boot order or do anything else.

• IronFly

Since you can't take off the HDD from your notebook without open the whole back (this can help to access BIOS pressing F2), i can't suggest anything else that continue to tapping F2 even on Acer logo boot.

• mostater

I'll give the F2 key a few more tries.  After that not working I think I'll remove the hard drive and see if I can extract my files somehow and then, I suppose, get rid of the Acer.  It's a shame.  That laptop wasn't even 2 years old.  I don't know if it's an Acer issue or a Windows issue...or a combination of both.  Not a good experience with my first Acer product, though.