My Acer Aspire cannot detect my Samsung monitor (S20B350H) HDMI. INTEL graphics HD3000

bobski9933
bobski9933 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My ACER Aspire cannot detect my Samsung monitor (S20B350H) HDMI. I believe the INTEL HD 3000 graphics driver will not support it.  It used to work several months.  Is there an Intel driver that will support it?

Answers

• PaulWynns
    PaulWynns Member Posts: 16 New User

Have it worked with that notebook before? Can't get outta text.

Sometimes there some troubles with connecting HDMI. I got v5-552 and sometimes

i have to reconnect HDMI cable several times before it will work propertly (with a sound and correct

image). As well check your cable. One of mine was broken and as well it broke the signal (sometimes

worked with half image, sometimes blinked).

And did you project your display to HDMI as well? ALT+F5 things?

• bobski9933

Yes it used to work with my Acer Aspire laptop.  Tried the FN F5 key, tried 2 older drivers, 2 HDMI cables.  The Intel menu for display setup won't allow for anything more than a single display.  What else?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

What's you Aspire model?

Did you update drivers to the latest available on Acer support site?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bobski9933

I have an ACER Aspire model S3-391.  Yes I have been to the ACER site to udate.  I even tried the Intel download site to try an earlier graphics driver. My ultrabook just will not detect an external monitor now in the Windows 7 Control Panel Display setup.  I tried FN F5 key, also when I run the Intel Graphics Properties App on my desktop it only allows me to select a single monitor.   I think Intel stopped supporting my Intel Graphics HD 3000 driver.

My monitor used to work up until this past April 2014.  We moved and I just restated last month and it wouldn't connect to the same external Samsung monitor (S20B350).  I tried 2 HDMI cables, I even tried another source to my monitor (cable TV) and the monitor works on HDMI. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

If you didn't already do, i would download the latest VGA drivers from the Intel website then uninstall the existing VGA drivers, reboot and install new one.

I'm not an Acer employee.