Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing hdd bracket and SATA cable. Acer Aspire A715-71G-5186

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

I just bought a Aspire 715-71G-5186 from Sweden. It has a empty HDD bay but no sata cable or bracket.

Do i need to buy these parts myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACE Pathfinder

Re: Missing hdd bracket and SATA cable. Acer Aspire A715-71G-5186

Your 1st pix only shows how the machine would look with a separate 2nd HDD cable plugged into its soldered 2nd HDD mainboard connector. That is, the 2nd HDD cable, the 2nd HDD bracket and the 2nd HDD itself are not part of a factory-shipped machine. Accordingly, you should make sure that your vendor knows that you need a 2nd HDD kit for your A7 that would include any needed cable and adapter bracket. I earlier referred you to Crucial because it seems like a fairly knowledgable vendor in the sort of thing you're trying to do. Jack E/NJ 

6 REPLIES
ACE Pathfinder

The adapter bracket & cable are usually supplied with the HDD or SSD that you choose. Go to crucial dot com and search for upgrades for the A7 series.  Jack E/NJ

New User

So i need to buy from crusial to get it to work?
They didn't have reguar mechanical hard drives, only SSDs.

In other laptops I could just put in any old hard drive.

ACE Pathfinder

No, not just SSDs, you can install any 7 or 9.5mm laptop HDD. There are other vendors besides crucial but most folks opt for the SSD upgrades. Plain 7mm HDDs usually come with the adapter brackets if needed and double check with the vendor on any needed cable in a 2nd HDD kit. Jack E/NJ

New User

I am getting confused here.

Why would i get the Acer specific cable that is missing in my laptop when i buy a hard drive?
To be clear, the cable that is supposed to go from the motherboard of my LAPTOP to the hard drive bay is missing.

This is how it is supposed to lookThis is how it is supposed to lookAnd this is in my laptop, you can se the cable missing.And this is in my laptop, you can se the cable missing.

ACE Pathfinder

Your 1st pix only shows how the machine would look with a separate 2nd HDD cable plugged into its soldered 2nd HDD mainboard connector. That is, the 2nd HDD cable, the 2nd HDD bracket and the 2nd HDD itself are not part of a factory-shipped machine. Accordingly, you should make sure that your vendor knows that you need a 2nd HDD kit for your A7 that would include any needed cable and adapter bracket. I earlier referred you to Crucial because it seems like a fairly knowledgable vendor in the sort of thing you're trying to do. Jack E/NJ 

New User

Ah ok, now i understand.

Thank you!

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor