Microphone supersensitive after update

Dismakos
Dismakos Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I have an acer aspire v17 nitro. After updating to Windows 10, my drivers got auto-updated too. That caused my microphone to become supersensitive getting sound waves even from my laptop's fan. I managed to fix it by rolling back to previous drivers, but now that I updated to Windows creators update it also updated my drivers again and also deleted the previous so there is no way of rolling back to them. I searched for older Intel SST versions and installed some of them but none seemed to work. Any ideas about how to fix the problem ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,461 Trailblazer

What is your VN7 model number? What was the factory-installed Winver? Have you tried the Acer drivers listed for your model number and Winver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

Tried both, nothing worked.

• JackE

What is your VN7 model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

My model is VN7-792G-55SF

• JackE

>>>Tried both, nothing worked.>>>

Which 2 version numbers did try from the Acer driver website? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

From the site I tried the 6.0.1.8010 for Win10, by both I meant I also tried for win7 but found nothing. But I also tried lots that I found on the internet. Nothing worked, then I used system restore to go back to before trying anything.

• JackE

>>> then I used system restore to go back to before trying anything>>>

Do you mean that you already went back to Win7 from Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

No I mean I went back to windows 10, just after windows 10 creators edition got installed, and before trying previous driver versions.

• JackE

>>>just after windows 10 creators edition got installed>>>

I don't understand? Shouldn't you have gone to a restore point before, not after, the creators update? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

Yes, but windows decided I wouldn't need one so it didn't create a restore point before updating. That was the only option I had.

• JackE

Are you sure there aren't earlier restore points automatically created by Win10updates? You might have to show more restore points. Or haven't you run any Win10updates yet? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

Yes, after the update to windows creators edition, no restore points were left. Probably it worked as an upgrade (like changing OS completely) and all previous points got deleted.

• JackE

>>>Yes, after the update to windows creators edition, no restore points were left.>>>

I'm referring to the periodic Win10 ***operating system*** updates, NOT the creators update. There should be several months worth of restore points if the auto win10 update app is running in the background. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

There were, and got deleted when creators upgrade got installed. About two weeks ago

• JackE

>>>There were, and got deleted when creators upgrade got installed. About two weeks ago>>>

Did you manually delete them? The creators update or upgrade should not have automatically done this. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

I did not, but they are nowhere to be found.

print.jpg

• JackE

OK. We'll deal with trying to get you more restore points later. For now, have you tried the generic audio drivers from the Realtek site yet?

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

Yes. Still the same.

• JackE

OK. Open file Explorer. Click computer. Click on C: Do you see any subdirectories c:\oem\preload\drv\ . The original Win7 realtek audio codecs for your machine might still be listed in the \drv subdirectory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dismakos

No drv (or anything like driver) subfolder, there is a C:\OEM\factory, subfolder mostly containing executable files, maybe there?