Memory upgrade speed for AOD255E-1428-US SNW7ST32SS/N570/1G/250GB ?

wormcake
wormcake Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi Guys,

what is the fastest/most memory I can put in this model of Aspire One:

AOD255E-1428-US SNW7ST32SS/N570/1G/250GB

?

Thanks,

Wormcake

p.s. I put this model in a memory selector the other day and it couldn't find it. There were many models available but none with "1428" only.

Answers

• You can upgrade up to 2GB, please check whether it's DDR3 or DDR2 with CPU-z and get the same type memory module.

If it's DDR3     PC3-12800

If it's DDR2     PC2-6400

• wormcake

CPU-Z has "DRAM Frequency" grayed out, but it does say it's DDR3 in the type section...

On the SPD tab it says Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667MHz). 

Do I have to open it up to find out for sure? Is the first 1GB Soldered on?

Is there good way to ensure correct CAS? Do I just look at the highest one in the JEDEC#4 column?

You're saying for sure if it's DDR3 then get PC3-12800 SODIMM right? Assuming 204 pins for DDR3 standard laptop size right? So I'll be buying ONE 2GB chip the swap out the one that's currently in there? It lists only one memory slot in CPU-z, but IDK if it lists empty slots, never used it before.

• You have one slot, try to match current memory module specs but higher speed memory might work, I can not confirm as I don't have this model. However, have a look at this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXJl8jwj_k

• wormcake

Okay, So I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00569LZHM

It was working fine for a couple boots, now the screen won't come on!

This started after I just closed the machine's lid, while not plugged in, then walked away for a bit. I came back and hit the power button, and then the screen never came back on, but the Light bulb light did (power?). Obviously played with screen brightness hotkeys.

So I did a hard reset, and still, no display on screen...

Could the memory really have done this? Worked for a couple boots then zapped the screen?