Launch manager for windows 10 (aspire 6930)

frejka
frejka Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi!

i've got that my old installation (worked in win vista/7) doesn't work in win 10

I tried to find new version, but there's no one for win 10 at my notebook's page (only Vista & 7 are available)

Then I tried to download it from other pages for new laptops & finally found LaunchManager_Acer_8.00.8105_W81x64_A (I foud it, having chose "win 10" from the falling list, but there's "W81" in the name.. & of course it writes me my OS doesn't support..

Is there any launch manager for win10 & where I can download it?

Thanks!

Answers

• matttrick
    matttrick Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I would also love to know why they would put a version check that disables the program to run. I am on an s7-392 and miss the on screen display of caps lock mostly. I've tried running in compatibility as well as running the separate 64-bit version but it tells me it has to be run by setup.exe. Anyone know how to fake that part and possibly skip the version check?

• brummyfan3
    brummyfan3 Member Posts: 10 New User

Try version 7.0 which is working in my Win 10.

Capture 100.JPG

• matttrick

Tinkerer

I gave 7 a shot and while it did install, nothing happens. There is a folder and some apps in it but none of them seem to do anything when opened.

• brummyfan3
    brummyfan3 Member Posts: 10 New User

Have you right clicked "Set Up" and ran as Admin?

Capture 100.JPG

• frejka
    frejka Member Posts: 2 New User

I've downloaded 7.0.11

& it writes me my OS doesn't support. Smiley Sad

The same with the 8.0

PS

The thing is that I can install v. 3.0etc & it works but I haven't "native acer" green indicators for audio. Only windows' ->

2015-08-09 18-29-01 Скриншот экрана.png

(sensor panel works great without LaunchManager at all. But I want to see indicators..)

& v. 7-8 doesn't install at all

• matttrick

Tinkerer

yes i installed as admin and all of the files are there but no indicators and none of the stuff actually runs

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

I would suggest you to download different LM applications with similar HW models, try the acer support site and download the LM Application ( even if it's for Win 7 64 bit), one of them should work. Check my snip for examples.

Capture 100.JPG