Is it possible to upgrade the RAM on the Aspire One Cloudbook 11?

DerJac26
DerJac26 Member Posts: 2 New User

I was just wondering if it was possible to upgrade the RAM or any memory component on my laptop to improve it's performance. My system is currently working great, I'm just concerned because it feels like the system is running close to it's maximum capacity. I don't want to burn it out. Thanks in advance for any feedback that will be offered up.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi usagent86,

Anyway to upgrade the eMMC memory to 64GB?

No eMMC of 32Gb is directly soldered on the motherboard.

Running out of room after all of the microsoft software updates!

Sorry but what do you mean? Is eMMC full?

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

1. What model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • usagent86
    usagent86 Member Posts: 3 New User

I own the AO1-131-C9PM model. Anyway to upgrade the eMMC memory to 64GB?  Running out of room after all of the microsoft software updates!

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hi usagent86,

Anyway to upgrade the eMMC memory to 64GB?

No eMMC of 32Gb is directly soldered on the motherboard.

Running out of room after all of the microsoft software updates!

Sorry but what do you mean? Is eMMC full?

France
  • usagent86

After the windows 10 major update, acrobat pro X and the office 2013 SP1 and its updates, my eMMC is down to 2 GB remaining.  Not much room to add other programs.  I guess I am expecting too much from this netbook.  I moved from an Asus eeePC 1000HE for the faster processor/eMMC/ and larger screen but gave up the 160GB HDD.

• laurent_14

Hello,

First you can use Disk Cleanup to free up space.

France
  • DerJac26
    DerJac26 Member Posts: 2 New User

I figured that it wouldn't be possible, especially since it was so reasonably priced. I will just have to rely on flash drives and constant clean ups. Thanks for all of your help.

• usagent86

After installing 120+ Microsoft Office 2013 updates, I was down to about 2 GB free space.  Search Google and landed on a zip file named WICLEANUP .   Using that zip file, I was able to free up over 5 GB of additional space on my eMMC drive.  Wicleanup deleted *.MSI and *.MSP hidden files that were no longer needed by WIN10 system.  I am now a happy camper.  Love my new Acer Cloudbook 11.