Installed Win7 on Aspire 1 532h. Wifi fn button not working, all others do

Netboy
Netboy Member Posts: 4 New User

I installed Win 7 on my Aspire one 532h-2382 net book and the Wifi fn button no longer works. I reinstalled the correct drivers. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>Wifi fn button no longer works>>>

First, do you have wifi functionality? Second, are you absolutely, positively sure it worked with XP ***immediately*** before you installed Win7?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Netboy
    Yes and yes. Now in order to turn off the wifi I have to open my nerwork connections and shut off the wifi, then return to the network connections and turn on the wifi.
    Thanks for the responce. I'm about to up grade 2 more identical netbooks from Xp to Win 7 and I would like to have this fixed before hand. One thing I forgot to mention is the upgrade is to a full blown version of Win7 pro
  • JackE

If you haven't doneso already, check device mgr to see if it has the Atheros or Broadcom wifi hardware.

Then go to this link. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Choose netbook, then Aspire One, then 532h and download the approriate Acer Win7 driver and see if that fixes the keyboard toggle issue. Report back

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Netboy

Hey Jack,

I reinstalled the Atheros drivers again, both the wireless and the Lan, still will not toggle.  When I boot up with the Lan cable plugged in it goes right to wireless.  When I hover over network connection in the tray it shows both connections.  I have to open my network connections and disconnect the wireless connections, then it's hard wired only, till I open up my network connections again and reconnect the wireless.

• JackE

OK. Have you tried to uninstall ALL the atheros networking drivers from device manager yet? Then power down. Then cold boot and allow Win7 to detect and automatically reinstall the drivers?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Netboy

Thanks I had done that already but I did it again.  In the passed when I had XP installed on 2 occasions I lost all my function keys and an Acer tech sent me a link to reinstall the launch manager driver and they began working again.  I have the launch manager for XP but I don't have the driver for Win 7 and I can't seem to find it.  When I find it I will try that.  If you know where it isw please let me know. Thanks for all of your help

• JackE

>>>I'm about to up grade 2 more identical netbooks from Xp to Win 7 >>>

You can try to copy the XP launch manager file(s) from the other netbooks to the Win7 machine and run it in XP compatibility mode to see what happens.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ