I have bought a Acer Aspire - Didn't even last 3 years. Are laptops designed this way?

Nothappy1
Nothappy1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Remove the HDD and connect it to another computer via USB and you can save all your data.

Answers

• philetus

Almost three years is pretty good.Laptops don't have the cooling that a desktop has and they are portable unlike most desktops.Did you leave yours on a desk or did you carry it around.Did you get good service out of it for almost three years?

Did it cost you more in maint. than the car you've had for three years?

• Nothappy1

Yes I mainly used it at home.  However, it just didn't start up one day.  No other sign it was failing or getting "old".

• philetus

I would first check the output of the power supply. Maybe it's dead. If it is the laptop won't start.If you've been carrying it around, the HDD could have been damaged and it could have something gone bad on the motherboard. Now days if something lasts 2 to 3 years I'm usually happy.

• Nothappy1

Well, I don't know!  I have another brand laptop that I had before this one and it has lasted me years.

It's so annoying as it had all my itunes, spreadsheets etc.

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Remove the HDD and connect it to another computer via USB and you can save all your data.