I have an Aspire One Series D250 notebook still with Win XP. Has anyone updated it to windows 7?

Options
GAMStein
GAMStein Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

This Aspire One still runs Windows XP and I want to update it to at least windows 7.  I have a CD with Win 7 but without a CD reader on this model, I am unsure how to go about updating.  Would win 10 work on this model?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can create a bootable USB installation disk from a downloadable iso file from Microsoft. However, you probably will not be satisfied with the sluggish performance of your system on either Win7 or Win10.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can create a bootable USB installation disk from a downloadable iso file from Microsoft. However, you probably will not be satisfied with the sluggish performance of your system on either Win7 or Win10.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GAMStein
    Options

Thanks.  I got it done and how sluggish it behaves really is only noticed when I have a poor Internet connection as day to day stuff in programs like Word, etc. seem to be okay.  At least I am rid of XP and the attendant problems for the future.

• JackE
    Options

Great job! Did you choose Win7 or Win10?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GAMStein
    Options

Win 7 32-bit is highest ACER site said was doable for this older model unit.  Did not then even consider win 10 for this one.

• JackE
    Options

>>>Win 7>>>Did not then even consider win 10 for this one.>>>

I like your kinda thinking! Cuz I still like WinXP. While maybe I like Win7 a bit more. I'm just not sure yet about Win10. 8^) Good luck with the Win7 upgrade!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gharibzadeh1355
    Gharibzadeh1355 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

Good for you! Did you go with Win7 or Win10? Glad to hear that it isn't as slow as feared! Hope your internet connection gets better! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gharibzadeh1355
    Gharibzadeh1355 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Windows update
  • JackE
    Options

Sorry Gharibzadeh, message got mixed with older posts. How much RAM do you have in your D250? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ