How do I remove battery on Aspire One AO725? No battery release latch on bottom of netbook chassis

dergol
dergol Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

This is very frustrating as I am trying to troubleshoot a battery that has stopped charging and I can't even remove the battery because it is not clear how to do so.  No release latch on bottom of chassis.  Plus this is not addressed adequately in the user manual.  No mention of the latch or even a diagram.

Can someone help me?  Model is AO725.

Thanks, Dergol

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello dergol,

To remove the battery on Aspire One 725:

1. Place computer on flat surface, battery side is up.

2. Use the screwdriver to push and hold the battery release latch (near VGA port) to unlock position.

The battery pack will automatically realease from the battery bay.

3. Slide the battery pack out of the battery bay.

France

Answers

• keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

My AO5-- has two switches on the bottom- by the battery. One is spring-loaded so it has to be held while the battery is pulled out directly back.

• dergol
    Thanks, Keith. But different model. My model apparently has a pin hole one has to push a screwdriver into to release the battery
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello dergol,

To remove the battery on Aspire One 725:

1. Place computer on flat surface, battery side is up.

2. Use the screwdriver to push and hold the battery release latch (near VGA port) to unlock position.

The battery pack will automatically realease from the battery bay.

3. Slide the battery pack out of the battery bay.

France
  • dergol

Thanks.  I found the same instructions inside an enhanced manual.  But what it doesn't say (or should say) is that you need to push and SLIDE the latch to the side.   That's how it opens.  It could be a lot clearer, as the way it reads currently it gives the impression you just need to push in hard.  But you have to actually slide it to the side as well.

• keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

Great, the "sideways switching motion" hasn't changed. -K