How can I get more storage on my Aspire One Cloudbook 14?

mommyofthree05
mommyofthree05 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I have the Acer Aspire Ine Cloudbook 14 and I have no storage at all, I cant even download my adobe or anything. How can I get more storage>

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There should be an SD card slot to add more storage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There should be an SD card slot to add more storage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • grammalisa
    grammalisa Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, mommyofthree05.  My name is grammalisa and I purchased the same Aspire One Cloudbook 14 a few weeks ago.  After downloading Office 365 I am warned that I am out of memory !  Are we supposed to store everything on OneDrive such as Apps, software and other downloads?  What about a restore disk or backups?  Can they be stored in the cloud?  As of now I cannot even set OneDrive up because I am the only user (and administrator) of this computer which keeps telliing me that as an administrator I cannot access OneDrive.  What?  

I see you had a reply that an SD card is an option.  Would I use that to store downloads, apps, backups, etc.  Is that where we should store a recovery disk?  I don't understand this whole cloud business.  Does anyone know of where I can read an actual tutorial or manual which explains the difference between this laptiop and others?

Thanks. 

• nottus347
    nottus347 Member Posts: 1 New User

Can I up-grade ram and hdd

• baymomma50
    baymomma50 Member Posts: 4 New User

I am right there with you. Idon't understand this whole cloud thing and how can you buy this and get home it asks you to update and already you have no room, I can't get anyone to help me either, Makes me want to get rid of this!!

• rachelab1977
    rachelab1977 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yeah, I have the same problem. I dont know what they were thinking. Surely they could have anticipated this problem we are having with the limited storage space. Also can't figure out how to make the cloud storage cooperate as a hdd and especially odd trying to use cloud storage for part of the OS and updates

• baymomma50
    baymomma50 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Someone wanted me to private message . But could not figure out how and to whom. Now my browsers close log me it when ever.. and one of my drivers not working . Can I take this somewhere?? Feeling really frustrated !!!
  • TDougall0071
    TDougall0071 Member Posts: 1 New User

Yep Doesent work as advertised! Try a thumb drive to save but still dosent fix that you can load the apps as promssed. U can get to one drive on the play store but it wont download. if u take what u saved on the thumb drive and load to one drive on another computer u can go to one drive off the internet and sighn in and veiw it or u can cut and paste . go to one drive off the internet paste and save your doc. I just think ill be taking mine back to the store. Customer service plays dumb about it . nice pc for searching for stuff maybee online school but thats it . Good luck!!