Help I have a black Screen on my Aspire V5-122P-42154g50nss

Jonesy35
Jonesy35 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

My Computer Lights come on but can't do anything with it as have a Black Screen.  I am using Windows 8 the computer is not used alot.  How do I get it back up and Running?

Thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Is the black screen after Acer logo when you power ON the computer or after you login into windows?
    You may also try a power reset using the battery pinhole at the bottom of your computer.
    Please completely power OFF the computer by pressing the power button for 4 to 5 seconds. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer. After power reset reconnect the AC adapter and check te issue.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Jonesy35
    Hi I have tried to reset the notebook via the battery pinhole but this didn't work The screen remains black all the time right from powering on I see no logos on log on details I can hear the fan and processor working
  • anto
    anto Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Hi,
    Pls check whether the adapter is working.
    After connecting the adapter check whether the amber light is blinking.
  • Jonesy35
    Hi I m sure the adaptor is working as when I unplug the note book for some time and then reconnect the power lead the orang light comes on and charges the unit
  • anto
    anto Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Hi,
    Step 1
    Turn on the laptop and start tapping the F2.
    Step 2
    Turn on the laptop and immediately press and hold the ALT key and start tapping the F10 key simultaneously.

Step 3
    Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds without connecting adapter.
  • Jonesy35
    Tried all three solutions but still got the problem thanks for your help
  • DefectedSound
    DefectedSound Member Posts: 16 New User

Hello

You said you get no icons on your screen. Do you hear the hard drive spinning at all?

• Jonesy35
    Yes I can hear the computer starting up
  • DefectedSound
    DefectedSound Member Posts: 16 New User

Then I would say its not a hard-drive issue. 

It sounds like it could be your video card or or screen issue.

Do you hae a VGA cable so you can test if the computer boots up while connected to a TV or computer monitor?

• joshua-123
    joshua-123 Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks for it i appriciate

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Press & hold the power button till the machine shuts off. About 5secs. Then HDMI out to a TV. Press the power button once to turn the machine back on. You may have to use the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle to turn the TV screen on. If also a black TV screen, then it could either be a video card failure and/or a BIOS firmware corruption. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ