HOW TO FIX YOUR WI-FI SIGNAL DROPPING

Soma222
Soma222 Member Posts: 1 New User

OK so it seems lots of us are having this wi=fi keeps dropping issue but i kinda found a solution to that problem. i bought an Aspire E 15 and relised the wi fi signal keep dropping to 1bar or 2bars. sometimes it even goes off completely and i have to connect again, was driving me nuts. all other laptops in the house were connecting .even my phone was enjoying internet access except my acer. So i visited forum and couldnt find a solution. went to youtube and google and got all manner of solutions but non worked, until i decided to play around with my adapter settings and BHAAAM it worked. so i taught i wont be selfish and wanted to share with all those having this issue....

Am going to walk u through it step by step..

NOTE>>>>>>

*UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING YA DRIVERS WONT WORK SO DONT BOTHER

*UPDATING SOFTWARE WONT WORK EITHER

*SOME OF US WERE MADE TO ENTER INTO THE WI-FI PROPERTIES AND ENTERED SOME DNS FIGURES.

GO BACK THERE AND REMOVE ALL FIGURES AND MAKE SURE IT AT "OBTAIN DNS SERVER AUTOMATICALLY"

THE FIX>>>>>>

1.GO TO CONTROL PANEL

2.TYPE DEVICE MANAGER @ THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE SCREEN

3.CLICK ON DEVICE MANAGER AND A NEW WINDOW WILL OPEN

4.CLICK ON THE DROP DOWN ARROW NEXT TO NETWORK ADAPTERS

5.RIGHT-CLICK ON YOUR DRIVER SOFTWARE AND SELECT UPDATE SOFTWARE

6.A NEW WINDOW OPENS. SELECT "BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE"

7.SELECT "PICK FROM A DEVICE FROM A LIST OF DRIVER FROM MY COMP"

NOW HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART>>>>>

Right on top of your net adapter, theres a "Show compatible hardware"
mine is [qualcomm atheros ar956x wireless adapter]

8."UNTICK THE BOX" coz that isnt so

it will retrive lots of adapters...

9.NOW look for the adapter [11a/b/g/n Wireless Lan Mini-PCI Express Adapter] its 4th in ma list.

10. SELECT IT AND CLICK NEXT

A BOX WILL APPEAR TELLING YOU ITS NOT COMPATIBLE AND ARE U SURE U WANNA PROCEED.

SELECT "YES". It will install and that should fix ya problem.my machine have been on for more than 24 hours and the problem seem to have vanised.

NOTE>>>>>>

i tried several of the adapters but they couldnt make my signal stable except that particular one... so if u try and problem doesnt stop i"ll recommed u try all the adapters in there and i belive one will work for you.

hope it was helpful...Smiley Happy

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Thanks for the tip. A lotta times, tweaking or experimenting with control panel settings/options can remedy many problems such as the one you had.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• peptobismal
    peptobismal Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

Also, a Beacon Level of 50 instead of 100ms should extend your WIFI signal reach/responsiveness, in poor signal scenarios.