ES1-311 Mousepad freezing

2»

Answers

• yuraantonov11
    yuraantonov11 Member Posts: 1 New User

In windows 10 not working (

• Sqk
    Sqk Member Posts: 2 New User
    I concur, the mousepad doesn't work at all in Win 10. Wouldn't recommend that course of action! I've got rid of Win 8.1 in favour of a dual boot of Win 7 and Win 10, but haven't had a chance to test the mousepad much using the former OS yet.
  • kloony
    kloony Member Posts: 1 New User

I have performed numerous tests on this issue and beleive that the problem is related to the touchpads firmware hence the reason why Acer can't release a fix for it. I have installed various operating systems, including Windows 10, have tested in both Legacy and UEFI installations, as well as toggling between Basic and Advanced touchpad options in the BIOS. Official and unofficial touchpad drivers have been tested as well. What I have found however, is that the problem seems more evident when the battery is below 50% which could mean that it might be some sort of a power issue? I have tried various power options but the problem is still there. I have also noticed that retailers have retreived them from the shelves and is no longer available to buy. Could Acer have pulled the plug on this model already? But what about the people that purchased it already? Well, I'm afraid to say that if you have this laptop you are simply stuck with it, but all hope is not lost because one can still use an ordinary mouse or quickly toggle the Fn+F7 switch to disable and re-enable the touchpad. It's a shame really, because this laptop makes for a perfect travel companion. Especially when coupled with an SSD drive, 4Gb RAM and good battery life. 

• OscarOscar
    OscarOscar Member Posts: 1 New User

The same problem here.... Cheap laptop anyway.