Battery Indicator Wrong

bobbyvee
bobbyvee Member Posts: 8 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-473P-5602. It's just over 2 months old, bought Aug 8th, 2014.

It's been for repair twice, and both times the repair does not solve the original problem.

The issue is this... I will charge the computer to 100%. While using, the battery indicator will show different values at different times. Basically all over the map. Once the indicator gets down to 30% or so , I'm in the "shut down" zone where the computer will shut down because there is actually little or no power left in the battery though its says 30% or 24% or whatver value it may be.

Again this has been to the Acer Repair Shop to be "repaired" twice so far. They changed the Mainboard ( Motherboard I assume) TWICE so far and the problem STILL persists. I can't even get to the "Low or Critical" battery warnings ( currently set at 15% and 5%) because it shuts down before reaching those levels.

Anyone have this issue? Anyone from Acer Tech have an answer? Kinda sad to have this problem on a 2 month old Acer laptop...especially since it's been "repaired" TWICE for the same problem. 

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

Best Answer

• bobbyvee
    Answer ✓

Update: Got a replacment from Acer USA on Monday and everything seems fine thus far. The original issue I had with the battery/indicator is no longer a problem with this new unit. Just in the process of setting it up to my liking.

Big Big thanks to Acer-Cory for all your help!

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi bobbyvee,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your laptop and continue to do so even after a couple repairs. Could you send me a private message with your Serial Number and case numbers for the repairs? I'd like to do a little research and see what I can do about getting you in contact with someone who can helps resolve this once and for all.

Thanks,
    Cory

• bobbyvee

Thx Acer Cory, inbox message sent.

Update: As of OCT. 16, Acer has decided that I will recieve a replacement unit ( although I have no idea when it will be delivered)

Will update. Please keep this thread open until then and I will post a "solved" status here.

Thx

• carmiche
    carmiche Member Posts: 1 New User

Simile problema con la batteria del nuovo Travelmate B115-M 11.6” acquistato ieri 21/10/2014 :

Segnalazione di windows Pro 64 :

“ 69% disponibile, collegata ma non in carica - è consigliabile sostituire la batteria. Problema con la batteria. Il computer potrebbe spegnersi all'improvviso “.

Vorrei sapere come mi devo comportare per risolvere questo problema di unotebook nuovissino acquistato su internet.

Grazie

Tradotto con Google:

Similar problem with the battery in the new Travelmate B115-M 11.6 "bought yesterday 10.21.2014:

Reporting windows Pro 64:

"69% available, plugged in but not charging - you should consider replacing the battery. Problem with the battery. The computer may shut down suddenly. "

I want to know what should I do to solve this problem unotebook nuovissino purchased on the internet.

thanks

• bobbyvee
    Answer ✓

Update: Got a replacment from Acer USA on Monday and everything seems fine thus far. The original issue I had with the battery/indicator is no longer a problem with this new unit. Just in the process of setting it up to my liking.

Big Big thanks to Acer-Cory for all your help!

• rMmDaWUt
    rMmDaWUt Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Cory,

I just got a V5-473P-5602 today. The battery is stuck at 14%. If I unplug it, the computer shuts off.

Please assist.

Thanks,
    Andy